PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Amendments Excerpt

GaryJ
08-19-2013, 08:27 PM
From the Book - The Liberty Amendments by Mark R Levin

Here is as excerpt from Chapter 1 (all I have read so far) talking about the federal gov’t –

“It is the nation’s largest creditor, debtor, lender, employer, consumer, contractor, grantor, pension guarantor. Moreover, with aggrandized police powers, what it does not control directly it bans, or mandates by regulation. For example, the federal government regulates most things in your bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen, as well as the mortgage you hold on your house. It designs your automobile and dictates the kind of fuel it uses. It regulates your baby’s toys, crib, and stroller; plans your children’s school curriculum and lunch menu; and administers their student loans in college. At your place of employment the federal government oversees everything from racial, gender, and age diversity of the workforce to the hours, wages, and benefits paid. Indeed the question is not what the federal government regulates, but what it does not. “

Who wants more of this?

swampcollielover
08-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Mark Levin is one of the smartest guys living today.....I have his book also and I have read all of his others....people who really are frustrated with our government and economics conditions should read this guy, he is well educated and puts it together for all to understand....he is a true patriot!

Gerry Clinchy
09-02-2013, 02:45 PM
http://spectator.org/archives/2013/08/29/levinomics-for-america
A summary of some of the Liberty Amendments that would relate to the economy.

1tulip
09-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Every day we are presented with more proof that Versailles-on-the-Potomac and the Court of the Sun King cannot reform themselves. (Not to mention Michelle "Let them eat broccoli" Obama.) I am convinced that the "Republican" leadership (McConnell and Boehner) must have compromised themselves and the NSA has the e-mail evidence (a la Petreas). They are a pair of flaccid, impotent, spineless, castrati. If Boehner didn't smoke 4 packs/day he'd be singing soprano. And don't get me started on the Democrats and the denizens of the faculty lounge that pretend to make policy for the nation. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with sharp sticks.

There has to be a better way and I think Levin has given us our only (bloodless) way out.

swampcollielover
09-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Every day we are presented with more proof that Versailles-on-the-Potomac and the Court of the Sun King cannot reform themselves. (Not to mention Michelle "Let them eat broccoli" Obama.) I am convinced that the "Republican" leadership (McConnell and Boehner) must have compromised themselves and the NSA has the e-mail evidence (a la Petreas). They are a pair of flaccid, impotent, spineless, castrati. If Boehner didn't smoke 4 packs/day he'd be singing soprano. And don't get me started on the Democrats and the denizens of the faculty lounge that pretend to make policy for the nation. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with sharp sticks.

There has to be a better way and I think Levin has given us our only (bloodless) way out.

Well said, but if we truly believe this is an option, we have to act....contacting our State Representatives and pressing them to organize a Convention with other states to start this process.

1tulip
09-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Dear SCL... please let me know how/if you find a way to organize this effort in your state. I am going on line and starting to contact my state assemblyman and senator. In NV our legislature only meets every other year on the odd years. I'm hoping their offices are being contacted now and if so there could be some way of putting citizens with similar interests in touch with each other. Right now it's not a lack of will... it's a lack of organizing know-how.

Gerry Clinchy
12-08-2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/04/1260066/-Alert-Art-V-Convention-Threat-Grows-Dec-7-2013-Assembly
Evidently, some states have taken some action on Levin's suggestions

Spurred on by Mark Levin (http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/page.php?pt=September+9%2C+2013&id=5353&is_corp=0) and others, there is a grass-roots conservative movement to convene an Article V convention of the States to amend the Constitution by enacting so-called "Liberty Amendments" that would eliminate the popular election of Senators, require a balanced federal budget, prohibit the federal government from any activity conducted by the states (including healthcare), effectively eliminate the commerce clause and the general welfare clause, enact term limits on judges and enable the States to overturn judicial decisions, impose nation-wide voter id laws, and enshrine several other far-right hobbyhorses as Constitutional imperatives. And this movement has support from people who should know better, like state representatives from Indiana and Georgia. While obviously on the fringe now, these sorts of things have a tendency to become mainstream conservative thought if unchecked.

There is a meeting of representatives from at least 30 states scheduled just three days from now, Saturday, December 7, at the library in Mount Vernon. (Is nothing sacred? George Washington is probably spinning in his grave even as we speak.) Elected officials will be among the attendees: David Long (http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/indiana-senate-leader-working-toward-u-s-constitutional-convention/article_21f801b9-2ea4-56a5-b0d4-e3ea00b10968.html), President of the Indiana State Senate; and Jason Spencer (http://pikecountytimes.com/secondary/mountvernon11.14.13.html), Georgia state representative.

In fact, the state of Indiana has actually enacted legislation (http://www.indianasenaterepublicans.com/clientuploads/directory/publications/Sen%20David%20Long%20Article%20V%20Packet-Online.pdf) to facilitate the appointment of delegates to such a convention, and to govern their activities.

As I said, these folks are meeting this Saturday, they are serious, and they are backed by mass media.
Can't really buy into the mass media backing this. Am pretty certain that Chris Matthews wouldn't be on board, and several others one could come up with.

swampcollielover
12-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Dear SCL... please let me know how/if you find a way to organize this effort in your state. I am going on line and starting to contact my state assemblyman and senator. In NV our legislature only meets every other year on the odd years. I'm hoping their offices are being contacted now and if so there could be some way of putting citizens with similar interests in touch with each other. Right now it's not a lack of will... it's a lack of organizing know-how.

The only thing that has moved DC in the last 50 years is "ground roots" movements that eventually end up in marches on Washington (War in Viet Nam, Tea Party Movement)...That is what I think has to happen, organize your friends and family, then have them organize all they know. Churches, Hunting Groups, Tea Party meetings, Republican local meetings, etc. I think a letter/email attack on our State Representatives demanding they officially call for a Convention of the States to develop and vote on necessary Liberty Amendments to the Constitution of the United States. Meanwhile these same groups need to organize to march on their own State Capitals calling for the Convention. At the same time documentation and video's of these activities should be sent to Fox News National and Local stations. Copies to Rush, Hannity, Bill O'Reily, Mark Levin, etc. etc. It has to be a lot of people doing everything they can every day...that is how we al can save this country....hopefully bloodlessly....

swampcollielover
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM

The only thing that has moved DC in the last 50 years is "ground roots" movements that eventually end up in marches on Washington (War in Viet Nam, Tea Party Movement)...That is what I think has to happen, organize your friends and family, then have them organize all they know. Churches, Hunting Groups, Tea Party meetings, Republican local meetings, etc.
I think a letter/email attack on our State Representatives demanding they officially call for a Convention of the States to develop and vote on necessary Liberty Amendments to the Constitution of the United States.
Meanwhile these same groups need to organize to march on their own State Capitals calling for the Convention. At the same time documentation and video's of these activities should be sent to Fox News National and Local stations. Copies to Rush, Hannity, Bill O'Reily, Mark Levin, etc. etc. It has to be a lot of people doing everything they can every day...that is how we al can save this country....hopefully bloodlessly....

sick lids
12-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Any thought on how this could blow up and go the wrong way? We do have a potus and congress that have passed some very un-American legislation and are trying to get more and more all the time. It all sounds nice and pretty but do you REALLY think the fed is the least bit interested in reform? Especially the type where they give up any power. Just look at the DEA raids in CO. The feds couldn't care less what the states want, and it has been that way since our civil war. We couldn't even end prohibition without a little bloodshed, and that was small potatoes compared to what you are hoping for...

“It is indeed difficult to imagine how men who have entirely renounced the habit of managing their own affairs could be successful in choosing those who ought to lead them. It is impossible to believe that a liberal, energetic, and wise government can ever emerge from the ballots of a nation of servants.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/465.Alexis_de_Tocqueville)

See any problems or truths to this statement?

You can hope all you want. I'll hope along with you, but I have a feeling a snowball is rolling.

JDogger
12-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I find a dicotomy in the threads here today. From one point of view the "liberty amendments". From another, the platform of the tea party (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?103045-Sen-Paul-Rand-Rep/page2} and SCL's post #11 where his # 5 of the platform is "Abide by the Consttution of the United States. ????

Are we really supposed to amend the constitution based on the thoughts and feelings of an entertainer? When we piss overboard, could the wind be in our face?

MooseGooser
12-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Not hardly just an entertainer!

Biography:
Birth name Mark Reed Levin
Born September 21, 1957 (age 56)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Show The Mark Levin Show
Station(s) WABC
Network Cumulus Media Networks
Time slot 6-9 p.m. EST
Style Talk radio
Country United States
Website marklevinshow.com
Mark Reed Levin (born September 21, 1957) is an American lawyer, author, and the host of American syndicated radio show The Mark Levin Show. Levin worked in the administration of President Ronald Reagan and was a chief of staff for Attorney General Edwin Meese. He is president of the Landmark Legal Foundation, has authored five books and contributes commentary to various media outlets such as National Review Online. He pronounces his name with the stress on the second syllable, leVIN, the same as the pronunciation of the town Levin, New Zealand.[1]

BiographyEdit
Mark Reed Levin was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and grew up in Erdenheim and Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. His father, Jack E. Levin, is the author of several books.[2] He graduated from Cheltenham High School after three years in 1974.[3][4] After high school, Levin enrolled at Temple University Ambler including summer classes and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Political Science in 1977 at age 19, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa.[5] Levin won election to the Cheltenham school board in 1977 on a platform of reducing property taxes.[4] In 1980, Levin earned a juris doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law.[6] Levin worked for Texas Instruments after law school.[4]

Beginning in 1981, Levin served as advisor to several members of President Ronald Reagan's cabinet, eventually becoming Associate Director of Presidential Personnel and ultimately Chief of Staff to Attorney General Edwin Meese; Levin also served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education at the U.S. Department of Education, and Deputy Solicitor of the U.S. Department of the Interior.

He practiced law in the private sector and is president of Landmark Legal Foundation, a public interest law firm founded in 1976 and based in Leesburg, Virginia.[7][8]

Levin has participated in Freedom Concerts, an annual benefit concert to aid families of fallen soldiers, and he uses his radio program to promote aid to military families.[9][10] Levin is also involved with Troopathon, a charity which sends care packages to soldiers serving overseas.[11]

In 2001, the American Conservative Union awarded Levin its Ronald Reagan Award.[12]

Radio broadcasting
Writer
References
External linksRead in another language
Last modified 5 days ago

MooseGooser
12-10-2013, 12:54 AM
The liberty amendments
is a great and very informative read

It reminds us all as to who works for whom.

MooseGooser
12-10-2013, 01:13 AM
I would consider this"entertainers" suggestions as to corrections to improve this country, far faster, than I would consider the "Community Organizer's "declarations we currently have in the White House.

Pete
12-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Every day we are presented with more proof that Versailles-on-the-Potomac and the Court of the Sun King cannot reform themselves. (Not to mention Michelle "Let them eat broccoli" Obama.) I am convinced that the "Republican" leadership (McConnell and Boehner) must have compromised themselves and the NSA has the e-mail evidence (a la Petreas). They are a pair of flaccid, impotent, spineless, castrati. If Boehner didn't smoke 4 packs/day he'd be singing soprano. And don't get me started on the Democrats and the denizens of the faculty lounge that pretend to make policy for the nation. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with sharp sticks.[/COLOR]

There has to be a better way and I think Levin has given us our only (bloodless) way out.]

It almost makes me wonder if most of these people are under some type of demonic spell or something,
How can a normal person see what is happening ,but an intelectual it seems most everything goes over the top of their head or they give a rediculous response that only someone who is hypnotized would give.
Its more like a soap opera than real life.

You have o care designers who can't sign up for their own crap,, Obama who refuses to see the problems of his self created debacle and the administrators screaming for a pay raise.

Is this some kind of Alice in wonderland reality they live in

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-exchange-names-disclosed-20131207,0,1224576.story#axzz2n4inZmYE
You thought this this practice was annoying before,,,, wait till they start demanding.

swampcollielover
12-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I find a dicotomy in the threads here today. From one point of view the "liberty amendments". From another, the platform of the tea party (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?103045-Sen-Paul-Rand-Rep/page2} and SCL's post #11 where his # 5 of the platform is "Abide by the Consttution of the United States. ????

Are we really supposed to amend the constitution based on the thoughts and feelings of an entertainer? When we piss overboard, could the wind be in our face?

JD...your question is one commonly ask by those who have not recently reviewed the U. S. Constitution or read Mark Levin's book "The Liberty Amendments". Our Founders clearly saw the risks associated by building a large Federal Government. In doing so they carefully defined and limited the powers of each branch of Government, but they understood this too, did not stop future politicians who "defies, ignores, or rewrites the Constitution for the purpose of evasion," Therefore, built into the U. S. Constitution, Ariticle V sets forth the two separate processes for amending the Constitution. One of these provides a method for the States to Amend the Constitution independently from the President, Congress, and Judicial Branch...SO IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION WE REALLY ARE SUPPOSED TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION, BASED ON WHAT OUR FOUNDERS FORSAW AND IF AND WHEN A MAJORITY OF REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE STATES CAN AGREE ON WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE! BUT IF YOU AND I DO NOT DRIVE OUR STATE GOVERNMENTS TO DO THIS, THEY WHO THE HECK WILL???

swampcollielover
12-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Gerry,
O' Ye of little faith....mass media includes Fox News, and all of the Conservative talk radio shows this is one of the largest media groups and is still growing!

swampcollielover
12-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Come on Ya' All stop trying to 'explain' this away. Contract your respective State Representatives and drive them nuts on getting something going on this! Also, organize groups to do the same, hunt clubs, training groups, church members, etc. etc. Now is the time for all good men (and women) to come to the air of their party.

Buzz
12-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Not hardly just an entertainer!

Biography:
Birth name Mark Reed Levin
Born September 21, 1957 (age 56)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Show The Mark Levin Show
Station(s) WABC
Network Cumulus Media Networks
Time slot 6-9 p.m. EST
Style Talk radio
Country United States
Website marklevinshow.com

After high school, Levin enrolled at Temple University Ambler including summer classes and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Political Science in 1977 at age 19, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa.[5] Levin won election to the Cheltenham school board in 1977 on a platform of reducing property taxes.[4] In 1980, Levin earned a juris doctor from Temple University Beasley School of Law.[6] Levin worked for Texas Instruments after law school.[4]

Oh great. Another political scientist with a law degree that thinks he knows everything...

swampcollielover
12-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Hey Buzz....what qualifies you to comment on Mark Levin? I curious, what the heck kind of qualifications do you want someone to have....aside from his formal education, I sure you noticed his experience.....

Maybe if the guy could walk on water.....???!!!

MooseGooser
12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh great. Another political scientist with a law degree that thinks he knows everything...

Mark Levin will be the FIRST to step up and admit he doesnt know everything, and that his book is a set of suggestions to open discussion on the matter.. He will ask,, if anyone has better ideas, lets bring them to the table and discuss them..

But,, as usual,, folks will just attack character, instead of bringing forth real ideas...

Buzz,,,, I respect you for your firm stance on things,,,but,, You CANT really be happy with what is going on,,, UNLESS,, you are a dyed in the wool ideologue...

Gooser

duckheads
12-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Mark Levin will be the FIRST to step up and admit he doesnt know everything, and that his book is a set of suggestions to open discussion on the matter.. He will ask,, if anyone has better ideas, lets bring them to the table and discuss them..

But,, as usual,, folks will just attack character, instead of bringing forth real ideas...

Buzz,,,, I respect you for your firm stance on things,,,but,, You CANT really be happy with what is going on,,, UNLESS,, you are a dyed in the wool ideologue...

Gooser

Ding, ding, ding, ding ding!

BonMallari
12-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Oh Buzz the irony of that statement.....You just described your guy in the White House

Gerry Clinchy
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Gerry,
O' Ye of little faith....mass media includes Fox News, and all of the Conservative talk radio shows this is one of the largest media groups and is still growing!

I just think that liberal media still outnumber the conservative media ... and wield more power with the low-info voters. In one of the articles I scanned through, there was mention of the fact of how many people have no idea what the ACA is about or what they have to do. Seems impossible, doesn't it? These people can vote even if they have no clue what's happening in their own country, much less the rest of the world.

I found it very interesting that some states are taking action.

Buzz
12-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Hey Buzz....what qualifies you to comment on Mark Levin? I curious, what the heck kind of qualifications do you want someone to have....aside from his formal education, I sure you noticed his experience.....

Maybe if the guy could walk on water.....???!!!

Seriously? There is some bar I have to clear before I can express an opinion?

Buzz
12-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Oh Buzz the irony of that statement.....You just described your guy in the White House

I don't like Obama as much as you might think. I was totally against the Democrats nominating him in the first place.

M&K's Retrievers
12-11-2013, 01:43 AM

Gooser

I find it hard to believe as well.

BonMallari
12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
I don't like Obama as much as you might think. I was totally against the Democrats nominating him in the first place.

Thanks for restoring my faith that you havent given up all sense of reality and that you are just a die hard Democrat and not some left wing ideologue....You're just way too smart to fall for the hype

swampcollielover
12-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Seriously? There is some bar I have to clear before I can express an opinion?

Buzz...read my post, my first comment was that I am curious.....what your perspective/expectations were on this? Opinions are like 'belly buttons' as everyone has one....:)

swampcollielover
12-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I just think that liberal media still outnumber the conservative media ... and wield more power with the low-info voters. In one of the articles I scanned through, there was mention of the fact of how many people have no idea what the ACA is about or what they have to do. Seems impossible, doesn't it? These people can vote even if they have no clue what's happening in their own country, much less the rest of the world.

I found it very interesting that some states are taking action.

Gerry,
I agree and share your concerns, but this ongoing battle must be won. We outnumber the Lib's and uninformed voters, so we can only win by doing it from the ground up...that's what I believe ...The only reason we lost the last Presidential election was that 3.1 million conservatives that voted in 2010 did not show up to vote in 2012...not sure if it was because Romney was seen as a RINO or because he was Mormon (Baptist and Catholics were encouraged to not support him)....whatever it was, we still hold the majority if we can get them to show up!