PDA

View Full Version : would you help train Sonny, in exchange for going hunting with his owner?

Ken Bora
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
As I am sure you all know OUR President and first family have a new dog, Sonny. Like Bo, a pure breed PWD. I hear that he, (President Obama) has been reading The RTF with his nsa ability and has chosen one of us to ask to help train Sonny for waterfowl hunting. In exchange for being able to hunt say half a dozen times with the President in secure Government areas that only somebody like the President could gain access to. And he is willing to let you pick the spots.
So....... If you are the lucky RTF'er POTUS poster the President has picked. Would you say yes? And if so, as a follow up what spots would you pick?

imagin being able to do swimby in the National Reflecting Pool?????
having secret service bird boys???

mudminnow
08-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I would, and I have a few spots in Charleston SC that tempted me for four years when I was in school next to the navy base.

huntinman
08-26-2013, 03:47 PM
I would train the dog and take him hunting. But Obama would never get anywhere near one of my duck blinds unless they turned the land around it into a golf course and he plunked a drive into the water!

Ken Bora
08-26-2013, 04:02 PM
...... But Obama would never get anywhere near one of my duck blinds unless they turned the land around it into a golf course and he plunked a drive into the water!

oh don't be a smurf, play along. say first lady told him duck meat was a free range, organic, low fat proten.

BonMallari
08-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I have told this story before : but back when Clint was a grad student at Texas A&M, former Pres LBJ had a beagle named J.Edgar who needed some special medical attention...well of course they call their friend Cactus Pryor, who volunteers Clint to take the little bastard to the Vet school..I get to tag along and have the feller riding in my lap for the 90 minute ride from Austin to College Station, where we are met by Clint's best friend Ronny who is in Vet school..we carry the pooch into the clinic and explain to the vet who the dog is and who he belongs to, to which he replies " middle ear infection"..so they treat him for a couple of days and we bring him back to Austin, to be met by LBJ son in law Patrick Nugent and a team of Secret Service agents in black sedans...all that for a little beagle named after a cross dressing closet homosexual FBI Director

Ken Bora
08-26-2013, 04:19 PM
is that the dog from the photo of a President lifting a beagle by its ears? that caused some brew-ha-ha?

BonMallari
08-26-2013, 04:34 PM
is that the dog from the photo of a President lifting a beagle by its ears? that caused some brew-ha-ha?

We think it was, he had a couple of them

Down East Labs 217
08-26-2013, 06:44 PM

I think that dog was from Trumans time in office. I think

Richard

Down East Labs 217
08-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I decided to partake in this pole. I think my choice says it all.

Ken Bora
08-26-2013, 07:03 PM
I decided to partake in this pole. I think my choice says it all.

Love it! and gosh I did wonder who would be first in that one :D

GaryJ
08-26-2013, 07:28 PM
I would have to charge government rates. As a non professional trainer I figure my knowledge of dogs is as good if not better than most of the DC law makers knowledge of their jobs

shawninthesticks
08-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Only if Dick Chaney and Mr.Pres. worked a flyer station together.

Ken Bora
08-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Only if Dick Chaney and Mr.Pres. worked a flyer station together.

Is the President still a lawyer? Mr. Chaney only shoots lawyers?

Marvin S
08-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I truly cannot imagine a portion of a day doing anything with the POTUS - so did not participate in your poll. BTW, it's ChEney :p.

I have trained an IWS, can't imagine anything worse/

Ken Bora
08-27-2013, 08:11 AM
I truly cannot imagine a portion of a day doing anything with the POTUS - so did not participate in your poll.

but Marv,
I had a chouce for that, #2.
And, I would figger you would follow the thought of no mater the side or party a President is from. Like it or not. That once elected the guy with the fewest hanging chads turns into the President of the United States. Not the President of just one side or the other. The point of this is if "OUR" (like it or not) President called you up and made the offer in the OP wouldent you serve at the pleasure of the President?
And in all your years you must have seen some off limit government grounds you were itching to be able to hunt on??
and would a PWD train like the IWS you trained? I bet you could get it to fetch up a duck!

Ken Bora
08-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I would, and I have a few spots in Charleston SC that tempted me for four years when I was in school next to the navy base.

did any of the people on the base hunt those spots?

mudminnow
08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
did any of the people on the base hunt those spots?

I don't think they did. They were big manmade ponds where they would put the dredge material from the harbor. They were visible from the interstate and were always loaded with ducks. I believe they were in the middle of the cooper river right before the harbor.

mudminnow
08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
the pin marks the spot...
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x439/philipchunt/153741D6-1F29-4380-9A6B-B225CA826AFF-21424-00002751B5693FC3_zpse0abb1d1.jpg (http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/philipchunt/media/153741D6-1F29-4380-9A6B-B225CA826AFF-21424-00002751B5693FC3_zpse0abb1d1.jpg.html)

Marvin S
08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
but Marv,
I had a chouce for that, #2.
And, I would figger you would follow the thought of no mater the side or party a President is from. Like it or not. That once elected the guy with the fewest hanging chads turns into the President of the United States. Not the President of just one side or the other. The point of this is if "OUR" (like it or not) President called you up and made the offer in the OP wouldent you serve at the pleasure of the President?
And in all your years you must have seen some off limit government grounds you were itching to be able to hunt on??
and would a PWD train like the IWS you trained? I bet you could get it to fetch up a duck!

Ken - #2 is not a choice - I worked for a very large company in a high profile position. Everyone knew me as the dog guy, though I don't think they realized how nuts you have to be to do what we do seriously. Along the way I had some folks who could have helped me financially, bigger raises, hint at going hunting with me. I only hunted with my sons!

These were people that I had great respect for in the job they did - why would one want to be around someone they have little respect for - it's not the party, it's the lousy job he has done, & unfortunately he telegraphed that, folks were to stupid to get the message. I would have considered Truman to be a suitable hunting companion :).

road kill
08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I don't really train dogs. So I've been told, anyway....

Ditto!!!!!!!

huntinman
08-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Like I said before, I would train the dog and hunt with it... But hunting is about enjoying the outdoors and nature. What would be enjoyable about having to look at or listen to Obama for any length of time when you could be gazing out over your spread at the natural scenery without those big ears in the way? (Obama's, not the dogs)

The sight of John Kerry in Hun-ting clothes was bad enough. Can you imagine the preezy? Do they make Mom waders?

menmon
08-27-2013, 06:40 PM
It would be an honor to train the president's dog no matter what party affiliation. I would have to check with the AKC to make sure it didn't make me a pro, and if they said I could and keep my Amateur status, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Marvin S
08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
It would be an honor to train the president's dog no matter what party affiliation. I would have to check with the AKC to make sure it didn't make me a pro, and if they said I could and keep my Amateur status, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Your qualifications to train the POTUS pwd & the POTUS's qualifications to be POTUS are probably quite similar. Sort of like folks thinking someone is a Helluva Dog person creates a lot of latitude on both ends. You do realize that if you can't get the dog to FF, do a swimby & "Seat on a Duck" you will end up in G Bay, at least until it closes :cool:.

roseberry
08-27-2013, 07:17 PM
i hope none of the supreme court justices go hunting with us........i have never actually needed to train my dogs to piss on a judges leg!

menmon
08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Your qualifications to train the POTUS pwd & the POTUS's qualifications to be POTUS are probably quite similar. Sort of like folks thinking someone is a Helluva Dog person creates a lot of latitude on both ends. You do realize that if you can't get the dog to FF, do a swimby & "Seat on a Duck" you will end up in G Bay, at least until it closes :cool:.

I assure you if he leaves him with me for couple years...I can train Sonny and he will be doing Qualifing blinds....God will have more of a say on his marking and memory! Obviously you know nothing about me. How many FC and AFC do you have or have had and then maybe we can talk and if you have had some maybe we can talk.

Rob Paye
08-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Ditto!!!!!!!

I have seen Trained and that sir is NOT trained!!!!!!!

BonMallari
08-27-2013, 09:55 PM

NOW YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE....I have no idea what your personal beef is with RK, but you have been stalking his posts for some time, and since Stan wont report it then I will...now on top of that you demean the training of his dog? That is so far out of bounds and loses you all credibility, you should be ashamed of yourself, solve your personal issues somewhere else, not the RTF

Ken Bora
08-27-2013, 10:25 PM
You know,
I start a fun hyperskeptical thread I hope leads to tails of great closed no access government grounds. And you fricken 12 year old girls have to ruin it. Who can train better? Who can train at all? Who has made more FC/AFC dogs? Who is getting picked on? Who's Brother has won more trials? You are ALL a bunch of 12 year old girls. My Grandfather would say "Put you all in a feed bag and shake it up and not a one of yous would come out on top!!!!!!"
You guys, all of yoos sould walk to your bathroom mirror and take a good hard look.
You all bum me out!:(

JusticeDog
08-27-2013, 10:33 PM

Great imitation!

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM

What's up with this kind of BS?

Low class regards,

JusticeDog
08-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Is the President still a lawyer?

No. Since he is not licensed, he is Not a lawyer. He is just a mere law school graduate. Course, he may be licensed elsewhere.....

http://www.iardc.org/ardcroll.asp

Pals
08-27-2013, 10:42 PM
I will be a 'No' on this poll, Mr. Bora. I am totally unable to hide what I am really thinking or how I feel. Sadly I suffer from Blunt Bitchitis. Made me very unpopular among the junior high girls, way back when. :)

BonMallari
08-27-2013, 10:44 PM
You know,
I start a fun hyperskeptical thread I hope leads to tails of great closed no access government grounds. And you fricken 12 year old girls have to ruin it. Who can train better? Who can train at all? Who has made more FC/AFC dogs? Who is getting picked on? Who's Brother has won more trials? You are ALL a bunch of 12 year old girls. My Grandfather would say "Put you all in a feed bag and shake it up and not a one of yous would come out on top!!!!!!"
You guys, all of yoos sould walk to your bathroom mirror and take a good hard look.

I am sorry you feel that way Ken, but enough is enough, everybody pokes the needle,I understand that...

BUT I wont apologize for my post, even though it hijacked your thread,and as the OP of it you have the option to delete it all and make it appear that it never happened...

We dont have a Moderator here on POTUS for a reason, because the issues do get a touch heated and the powers that be would rather have at it here than for the venom to spill onto the main board, but sooner or or later you have to take a stand and point out when too far is too far

and if this constitutes too far so be it

JusticeDog
08-27-2013, 10:46 PM
What's up with this kind of BS?

Low class regards,

they run the same hunt test circuit.... i wouldn't touch it... ;) They are both good guys. They just like to poke each other, and NOT in a broke back retrievers kind of way... not that there is anything wrong with that... ;)

FOM
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
No...there are moderators here in POTUS, but we tend not to police it as heavily....

I don't know the history with Rob and Stan...but apparently it needs to go to PM land...

FOM

Ken Bora
08-27-2013, 11:19 PM
....,and as the OP of it you have the option to delete it all and make it appear that it never happened...

I do not delete my threads. I stand in the mud and fling it back. While at it. Would you all like to know the history of
MY 12 year old girl line?
Back in the spring when Stan and Nancy had the first official RTF training day I was so happy. We are all seperated by our keyboards and it is a dream of many to be able to come together and run dogs. I chatted with Chris and made up special rtf jamboree training day maple syrup labels that I was going to ship to Nancys place for gifts and maybe a fund raising raffle. Well things built and built and bickering and poking and mean snipes grew and grew and big time official sponcers were announced and it got so out of hand I picked up the phone and called Nancy and spoke person to person. Not a grand conspiracy or secret society. Just two live people talking. And I said, as at the time the main antagonist were a Marc feller and Stan that they were all just 12 year old girls..... I am told that phrase has gotten some use. And it is true. What is it with you guys? With ALL OF YOU GUYS???

these are some of the jars that were made for the jamboree but never mailed.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q160/KenBora/12yroldgirls_zps9d217781.jpg (http://s135.photobucket.com/user/KenBora/media/12yroldgirls_zps9d217781.jpg.html)

BonMallari
08-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Ken: when did I become part of all YOU GUYS ? I had no part in the RTF Jam, Yes I am friends with Stan...but I am not a Facebook person, I dont hang out in the same crowds that are on here, and with the exception of old family friends, or some Utah/NV posters I have never met anyone on here...I am nobody on here

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Ken: when did I become part of all YOU GUYS ? I had no part in the RTF Jam, Yes I am friends with Stan...but I am not a Facebook person, I dont hang out in the same crowds that are on here, and with the exception of old family friends, or some Utah/NV posters I have never met anyone on here...I am nobody on here

Hardly the case.

huntinman
08-27-2013, 11:54 PM
they run the same hunt test circuit.... i wouldn't touch it... ;) They are both good guys. They just like to poke each other, and NOT in a broke back retrievers kind of way... not that there is anything wrong with that... ;)

Classic...

huntinman
08-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I do not delete my threads. I stand in the mud and fling it back. While at it. Would you all like to know the history of
Back in the spring when Stan and Nancy had the first official RTF training day I was so happy. We are all seperated by our keyboards and it is a dream of many to be able to come together and run dogs. I chatted with Chris and made up special rtf jamboree training day maple syrup labels that I was going to ship to Nancys place for gifts and maybe a fund raising raffle. Well things built and built and bickering and poking and mean snipes grew and grew and big time official sponcers were announced and it got so out of hand I picked up the phone and called Nancy and spoke person to person. Not a grand conspiracy or secret society. Just two live people talking. And I said, as at the time the main antagonist were a Marc feller and Stan that they were all just 12 year old girls..... I am told that phrase has gotten some use. And it is true. What is it with you guys? With ALL OF YOU GUYS???

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q160/KenBora/12yroldgirls_zps9d217781.jpg (http://s135.photobucket.com/user/KenBora/media/12yroldgirls_zps9d217781.jpg.html)

Ken, the syrup was a good idea. It's yours, of course. The weekend went off fine... A good time was had by all. A lot of fun was had and many new friends were made. Hell, a few even let me play! I say let bygones be bygones. Forget the smack talk before the event and remember the good times that were had. All that really mattered was that a lot of folks made new friends and a lot of folks that are new to the game got their dogs exposed to some birds, guns, cover and water. It was great.

Ken Bora
08-28-2013, 12:32 AM
.... Forget the smack talk before the event .....

see that is the crux, just as this thread proved some are still smacking it.and I do not for the life of me know why. let it go guys!!! it even flowed onto the main page a few days ago.

Ken Bora
08-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Ken: when did I become part of all YOU GUYS ?

says feb 2008 under your avatar ;)

BonMallari
08-28-2013, 12:43 AM
says feb 2008 under your avatar ;)

OK you got me on that one

Ken Bora
08-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Who created the poll? Who put the choice of "I only train dogs on the internet"? If you didn't want someone to chose it, maybe you shouldn't have made it an option. ...
fun chance for humor in the dog days of summer. who would think the line would spark a
"who has the most FC/AFC dogs or who can train a dog for real"
pissing match. It seems I put up a cute teddy bear and all of a sudden Billy Ray's little girl burst out of it's belly!

Gun_Dog2002
08-28-2013, 10:35 AM
NOW YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE....I have no idea what your personal beef is with RK, but you have been stalking his posts for some time, and since Stan wont report it then I will...now on top of that you demean the training of his dog? That is so far out of bounds and loses you all credibility, you should be ashamed of yourself, solve your personal issues somewhere else, not the RTF
I agree! That was totally over the top? You should apologize before Bon gets Clint to kick your @ss....

/Paul

Marvin S
08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
fun chance for humor in the dog days of summer. who would think the line would spark a
"who has the most FC/AFC dogs or who can train a dog for real"
pissing match. It seems I put up a cute teddy bear and all of a sudden Billy Ray's little girl burst out of it's belly!

You post a poll & expect a group as diverse as those who frequent POTUS to read your thoughts :confused:. I personally thought the majority of responses contained a level of reason beyond that which created the original poll questions :o.

Don't pat yourself on the back for your creation. Some of us are beyond the teenage hearththrob stage :).

Ken Bora
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
It would be an honor to train the president's dog no matter what party affiliation....

Your qualifications to train the POTUS pwd & the POTUS's qualifications to be POTUS are probably quite similar....

..... Some of us are beyond the teenage hearththrob stage :).

what ones of us would that be?:rolleyes:

MooseGooser
08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Id rather hut with a teen age girl that that big eared president of ours..

No wait!!!

I confiscate his gun,, and throw it in the pond!!!

Tell him to use a pair a scissors to shoot them ducks!

But really,, Id rather hunt with a teen age girl..:):)

Gooser

duk4me
08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Id rather hut with a teen age girl that that big eared president of ours..

No wait!!!

I confiscate his gun,, and throw it in the pond!!!

Tell him to use a pair a scissors to shoot them ducks!

But really,, Id rather hunt with a teen age girl..:):)

Gooser

Me too, as long as she was 18 or 19 and not named Mylie.:p

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
08-28-2013, 02:55 PM
This is a good fit...

I stopped by the Chevrolet Dealership yesterday, for a look at
> the new Silverado 1500 pickup. Just for fun, I took it out for a test
> drive. I wanted to sense that new "feel" before
> they become extinct.

> The salesman seemed like a nice guy, (a black man wearing an
> Obama "change" lapel pin) he sat in the passenger seat describing the
> truck and all its "wonderful" options.

> The seats were of particular interest. He explained that the
> seats directed warm air to your butt in the winter and directed cool
> air to your butt in the summer heat.

> Feeling like messing with him, I mentioned that this must be a
> Republican truck. Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was
> a Republican truck.

> I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow
> smoke up your ass year-round.

> I had to walk back to the dealership. Sum-bitch had no sense of
> humor.

caryalsobrook
08-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Ken, I was at first reluctant to go to the first Jamboree since, in my experience little was done in the way of Dog training at such things. But these training days were the best I had ever attended. I was never aware there were problems and still don't know what they were.

Stan asked me if I knew of grounds where the 2nd jamboree could be held. Coincidentally, my AKC club had reserved our grounds on Sept 21 and since there was nothing scheduled, it has graciously offered them so long as ALL are welcome. We have outstanding grounds. In fact this weekend our HRC club has its fall HT with over 500 entries and will probably be the largest HRC HT ever. I told Stan that I would be glad and honored to do it.

Not knowing there might be a problem having the 2nd anual Jamboree, I committed. I take my committments seriously. I have 5 wingers and electronics, 4 holding blinds, guns, buckets gunstands, 5000 209 primers, 1000 poppers,4-wheeler and trailer and at least 50 ducks in the freezer. I hope people will come because the first one was such a success and I would hate to see it die. I can't make people come but I PROMISE that I will do everything in my power to see that anyone who comes will not regret it. Simply said, trust me you won't regret it. If any of you thought it was a good idea then you agree with me SO COME! I promise you those 5 wingers will be set up to run the 1st dog at 7am SHARP, SO COME.

Ken, the effort you made to get those bottles and make those cards was wonderful. I am more than impressed. Ken, if we could make this jamboree a yearly thing I like the idea of naming it the Maple Syrum Jamboree and the host gets to keep those bottles full of maple syrup to present to the next host for safe keeping. Then as the Maple Syrup Jamboree ages so ages the maple syrup.

I can't do it alone but I am committed. Who else will commit? As you said this is a good idea so will we all let it die? I sincerely hope not. Nothing more can I say.

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
08-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Better off just having a BBQ.

caryalsobrook
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Better off just having a BBQ.

Tennessee has great BBQ, so you could train your dogs and see others' dogs run AND get good BBQ. So with luck, maybee you will change your mind and com help make it a success!:D

I tell you what! You come and help make this a success AND I will come and help you make a BBQ a success!!!!

charly_t
08-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Go for it. There are so many tales of problems in AKC breed clubs etc. a person would assume the AKC confirmation shows were were never good. I'm here to tell you I have really enjoyed every one of them that I have visited or taken part in ( which was a very few due to money :-) shortages ). Go and enjoy the good people and of course the good dogs etc.