RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Delta Waterfowl Retriever Shootout

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DeltaMon 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
The Delmarva Chapter of Delta Waterfowl is having the second annual "Retriever Shootout" on July 30th at Rebel Ridge Farm in Elkton, MD please go to the web page link included and check it out, entries are now open so if you are interested click contact and send your address for a premium. The funnest Retreiver event That we know of anywhere

http://www.delmarvadeltawaterfowl.org/2005Shootout.html

Good Day,
and keep em wet!!
Denny Seabright
Chairman

#2 ·
Come on guys and girls, this is about the only website we haven't pulled some entries off of yet, if nothing else bring a young person to run the youth handler event to get em interested! All money raised will be put to a good cause 75% to put more ducks in the air, 15% to put more kids in action and the remainder will be donated to a state organization geared to building retriever testing and training grounds (public)
Besides it is the most fun you can have all day and eve with your retriever and friends!
:D

#3 ·
Hats off to Denny, Theresa & Cody Seabright, Eric Deel and the crew for an event well done! :D
The event was well run and loads of fun for dogs, handlers and family members. The event wasn't complete and I heard handlers already talking about next year.
Hats off to the judges also. Great tests guys! :D

Extreme Stakes Results:
1st Place: Vikki Diehl with Flyaway Katie K Kay
2nd Place: Auggie Argabright with Cin-D's Storm Trooper MNH
3rd Place: Chuck Mezera with Mezera's Titan of Chester MH
4th Place: Jeff Coats with Susquehanna Black Diamond
5th Place: Jeff Coats with Pitboss Black Cork Coot MH
6th Place: Milly Welsh with FC/AFC Firetail's Three Bars MH

Hunter Stake Results:
1st Place: Mike Racker with Virginia Gold Jackpot SH
2nd Place: Vince Mirack with High Tech CEO Zack Mirack
3rd Place: Joe Eschert with Wingshot's Choc-Alota Tiger
4th Place: Chris Beste with CH Pond Hollow Brindisi SH CDX
5th Place: John Lewis with Countryways Lucy
6th Place: ?

GREAT JOB VIKKI & KATE!!!!!

#5 ·
Jeff, I'd say you figured it pretty well--getting both your dogs in the top 6 :wink:

We didn't fare so well. One bitch came in season the week before so was a scratch. Then Pufin started to come in season the morning of the event we'd driven 3.5 hours for. (grrrr--3 months early!) but the judges allowed us to run last--alas though she did a great job on the marks, Puffin decided to play her Stevie Wonder act on the blinds.

However, she did redeem herself in the afternoon where I let a friend's young son run her in the Junior handler stakes. Dave Nolan, who trains with our own Vicky Trainor, won it with the Puff :D It was great to see so many kids -- 12 -- running dogs, ages 2 to 12. The two year old was pretty adorable running a Lab as big as she was!

Oh and BIG congrats to LabLady, Vikki Diehl, and Kate on the nice win in the extreme stakes!

#7 ·
The two year old was pretty adorable running a Lab as big as she was!
That was Patty Jordan's Granddaughter running our SH bitch "Meg" who is now running Masters and "Q"s
We trained today and Patty said that her granddaughter had "Meg" wrapped around her little finger.
Where was she when I needed her today? :wink: I ran "Meg" and she was a handfull :oops:
john

#9 ·
Thanks for the kind words,
I have been making some rounds on dif forums this eve (after getting done Delta duties) and all have been good, that makes all the work worth it. The event last year was a big hit for the first and this year flew off the meter! We had a lot of good help and judges this year as when we started to get in a little bind someone pitched in to make it work, the Extreme event was intended to seporate the men from the boys but ended up seporating the girls from the men :p Way to Go Vikki!! It was a pleasure to throw birds in the last event, from my vantage point Kate looked like she was going to jump right over us to get to that memory bird!! shooooo!
But the youth event was the one that got me all choked up, it was awsome to see all them kids doing it and to think I had something to do with it got me all tore up, bout swallowed my Skoal!!
thanks and see ya next year!!
Denny 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.