PDA

View Full Version : FIRE CONGRESS NOW- ALL 535 of em!!!

mjh345
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Regardless of yours or their party affiliation; FIRE EM ALL
Congress has an approval rating in the single digits, yet 90%+ of incumbents get re-elected.
The sheeple keep falling for the same BS and the circle jerk continues.
Insanity is often defined as continuing to do the same thing yet expecting different results!!
People who live in Rep districts keep putting their Rep idiot back in office & people who live in Dem districts keep putting their Dem idiot back in office.

As a result we keep get this endless ineffective partsian brinksmanship BS

We the people, who are supposed to be served by these self serving talking heads, are the ultimate losers. The only winners are the status quo Rep & Dem parties, and of course the returning politicos who could care less about us. In spite of the lip service they all give to their concerns for their "Constituency" all they really care about are the party power brokers and the lobbyists that fund them in able to get re-elected.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! We need to take back the power we have willingly ceded to the Two Party monster that is ruining our great country, and once again make our representatives responsive to us.
Lets return to a system where the govt is afraid of and responsive to the governed, as opposed to the present system where we stand in fear of the govt
Te Dem & Reps have both had periods where they controlled Washington. In spite of their preening that they are good guys and the other party is evil things didn't miraculously improve when either party was running the show
The solution I propose is that we need to stop being Good Democrats or Republicans and start being Good Americans.

What is your solution?

shawninthesticks
09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm all for it !,but how do you get All the infection out of such a big wound ? The corruption and lies are embedded so deep that the American citizen doesn't stand a chance.

BonMallari
09-20-2013, 10:36 AM
my solution is remove ALL Lobbyists...the only special interest groups should be the constituents themselves..limit Congresspersons to a total of TEN yrs served and Senators to 12 years served...if they cant do the job by that standard then boot them out of office

paul young
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
my solution is remove ALL Lobbyists...the only special interest groups should be the constituents themselves..limit Congresspersons to a total of TEN yrs served and Senators to 12 years served...if they cant do the job by that standard then boot them out of office

Too long......6 and 8 years, respectively. But I agree with you about the lobbyists.-Paul

mjh345
09-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Im all for sticking a hose up K Street and applying an enema that would flush out all of the lobbyist's.
I guess in a way what I'm arguing is that the two most powerful and influential {destructive} lobbyists in Washington D.C. are the DNC & RNC. Would you agree?

2tall
09-20-2013, 11:42 AM
1)Call Lobbying what it really is, blackmail and racketeering, arrest people that commit those crimes. 2) Term limits of 4 years, period. House them in dormitories and feed them with typical college or institutional cafeteria style meals. 3) They get the same medical coverage as other working stiffs ONLY while they are in office. 4) Only people that have been in the non government workforce are eligible. 4) Salaries to be based on performance, ie legislation passed and budgets met. 5) No pension or stipends.

Of course this requires that potential members of Congress and The Senate do it because they really care about serving their country, not for gain. Think anyone will step up?

mjh345
09-20-2013, 11:48 AM
1)Call Lobbying what it really is, blackmail and racketeering, arrest people that commit those crimes. 2) Term limits of 4 years, period. House them in dormitories and feed them with typical college or institutional cafeteria style meals. 3) They get the same medical coverage as other working stiffs ONLY while they are in office. 4) Only people that have been in the non government workforce are eligible. 4) Salaries to be based on performance, ie legislation passed and budgets met. 5) No pension or stipends.

Of course this requires that potential members of Congress and The Senate do it because they really care about serving their country, not for gain. Think anyone will step up?Carol, I agree with most of your proposal; with the exception of #4. I'm of the opinion that the less legislation passed the better in most cases.
And NO, I don't believe the current bunch of self-serving crooks will step up:)

BonMallari
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
what really smells are when former Senators and Congressperson turn into lobbyists its nothing more than legal bribery,a former elected official should never be allowed to be a legal lobbyist

BrettG
09-20-2013, 05:59 PM
DC should be shut down. With our communication abilities there is no reason congress should have to meet face to face. Have them live in their districts and video conference meetings with them among their constituents.

GaryJ
09-20-2013, 07:07 PM
DC should be shut down. With our communication abilities there is no reason congress should have to meet face to face. Have them live in their districts and video conference meetings with them among their constituents.

i agree. They can sit in front of their constituents when they vote. I fear that even with that it will probably be difficult to get good representatives in a society of 'it's all about me' people.

Franco
09-21-2013, 08:45 AM
15078 I couldn't agree more!

swampcollielover
09-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Well ya' all sure have a lot of venting going on, but no solutions.....you're not going to get the 'uninformed, misinformed, voters' to do anything and without them you cannot get a whole new Congress, that is just common since! Leaves only two solutions and both are challenging and risky! 1.) Use the power of the States to make amendments to the Constitution that will force term limits, balanced budgets, etc. (See Mark Levin's Liberty Amendments). This will only happen if all of us pull together to leverage our state senates to get it done. Or a civil war....I believe this will happen, if we do not get behind the first option! I am not in favor of war, and I do not support a war....and I am not advocating it, but history says it is going to happen unless things change....and civil wars usually do not turn out the way you want....those of you from the South, know what I mean! So stop venting, and stomping your feet and get together with friends and go to your state legislators and get them moving.....time is short!

MooseGooser
09-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Mark Levins book, "The Liberty Amendments" is a great read.

Very concise, and easy to understand, even for Gooser.

Franco
09-23-2013, 07:28 PM
A little humor...

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p168x128/1231192_626932257347422_248325314_n.jpg

mjh345
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Once again these elected "LEADERS" have us on the brink of a govt shutdown. And like petulant children they are refusing to talk meaningfully to each other and instead are simply pointing the finger at the other party and screaming "ITS THEIR FAULT" Remember folks this isn't really about balancing the budget. It's about these morons refusing to pay for spending they have already foolishly done as they couldn't abstain from and push themselves away from the trough and refusing to pay bill for their reckless gluttony That's being a welcher and a BUM in my book FIRE EM ALL!!!!

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Once again these elected "LEADERS" have us on the brink of a govt shutdown. And like petulant children they are refusing to talk meaningfully to each other and instead are simply pointing the finger at the other party and screaming "ITS THEIR FAULT" Remember folks this isn't really about balancing the budget. It's about these morons refusing to pay for spending they have already foolishly done as they couldn't abstain from and push themselves away from the trough and refusing to pay bill for their reckless gluttony That's being a welcher and a BUM in my book FIRE EM ALL!!!!

Actually this one is about spending. The debt ceiling debate comes in a few weeks.