PDA

View Full Version : Any results from the Maine field trial

Roger Perry
06-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Any results yet?

Andy Carlson
06-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I haven't heard anything but I know the results will be posted at www.mainertc.org tomorrow.

Andy

mitchbrown
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
just heard from one very unhappy derby contestant . said that the derby had 4 triples. only 3 dog got thru last series and one of them switched at leaast 3 times

dogcommand
06-05-2005, 07:59 PM
:roll: Good grief! I'd like to hear more about that one.

mitchbrown
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
more news from the derby got a call saying that the judges tryied to give a derby fourth to a dog that handled !!!! talk about not knowing the rules.
mitch

pistol
06-05-2005, 09:25 PM
mosher won the open with scarlet. she turned 10 in feb. i believe.
________
Honda Ct90 History (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CT90)

Breck
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Wonderful Derby this weekend with a triple in the first & second series. Nearly 1/2 the field lost in the 1st. I didn't stick around for the 3rd & 4th but those were triples as well. No S@*t!
The first series was set up & test dog ran. Judges said that's the test. And one commented that most of the dogs were about to age out and could do a semi retired triple. Luckily the Chairman was present and informed the judges that they couldn't throw the long middle bird and then have the bird boy walk away 25 yards to sit in the shade. :shock:
In addition, from the line he appeared retired behind a small tree standing 1/2 way out. Tough bird placement to boot with bird thrown hitting lower branches of large evergreen falling into good cover underneath the the low overhanging branches. Most chose to select the long bird second before the short memory bird.
To add some difficulty to the 1st series triple, within yards on either side of the line to the short memory bird and 25 yds short of the fall was a kennel size bird pen filled with a flock of ducks on one side and a very small pond on the other where 8 or 10 crates of birds sat all the previous day. :shock: Can you spell double poison bird mark? Hell I don't know what to call it. This is where mine checked up, hunted, popped, then sorted out where the bird was 20 yds further out. Real nice job on the other 2 marks but he was dropped. :cry:
The welts from all the black fly bites were nothing compared to the hurtin' these guys put on some good young dogs.
Forgot to mention the flyer gunners were using full chokes. Birds looked real nice or at least the half that was left did.

pistol
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
our own sally ann earl costello won the am. with yukon.
________
BUY HERBALAIRE (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/herbalaire/)

bjlokey
06-05-2005, 10:26 PM
So what were the derby placements?

Franco
06-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Who were the Derby judges?

Becky Mills
06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Way to go Dr. Sally Ann and Yukon!!!

Russ
06-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Who were the Derby judges?
One of the judges is listed as being from SoCal with one minor stakes point. His name is not familiar to me so he probably just moved here. I do not think they would fly a one point judge 3000 miles.

Russ in San Diego

Bob Gutermuth
06-05-2005, 10:56 PM
One of the judges (on the premium) was from NH and had no points. The other is from Conn and has 3 major stakes points, although from what a past co-judge has indicated to me he is not the sharpest nail in the bucket.

Andy Carlson
06-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Congrats to SallyAnn and Yukon!!

Andy

Paula Richard
06-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Does anyone know what the set up was in the 4th series of Qualifying?

Paula

jeff t.
06-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Looks like only 3 dogs placed.

http://www.mainertc.org/derbyresults.html

captdan
06-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Some one wondered: "Has there ever been a 12 bird derby before??"

Dan Rice

bjlokey
06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Some one wondered: "Has there ever been a 12 bird derby before??"

Dan Rice

I was sure bet there never has been and hopefully never will be again.

Breck
06-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Paula
The 4th series Qualifying test was a water triple run from just behind where the 1st series retired fell and run into the big pond. Marks on far left and far right sides of pond.
R/H down the shore retired canoe mark thrown in cover in water, Middle a water reentry thrown up and out on land at base of fallen tree, L/H short swim flyer up on land.

MKaty Gutermuth
06-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Way To Go Sally And Yukon!!!! Also congrats to David Mosher after a great weeekend!!!

Roger Perry
06-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I hear the internet bus warming up :wink:

Canman
06-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I have avoided posting on this derby until the annoyance settled.

I had a great weekend at the trial. The Mosher?s were great hosts. It was fun running the dogs in the Open and the Am.

As for my derby dog, her marking proved to me that she will some day be an all-age competitor.

The best quote I heard over the weekend summed up the situation:

?They got plenty of answers, but I am not sure they knew the question!?

K G
06-06-2005, 03:14 PM
bjlokey wrote, in reponse to the question "Has there ever been a 12 bird derby before?":

I was sure bet there never has been and hopefully never will be again.

Yes, there have been several 12 bird Derbies before....and all of them were run as doubles with 6 series.....

Keith Griffith

bjlokey
06-07-2005, 08:58 AM
The Mosher?s were great hosts.

I certainly agree with this. The Mosher's are great hosts and they work very hard to make sure this trial runs smoothly. They even throw a very nice tailgate party at their or the clubs expense.