PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Tronics Sport 50 or 60?

sfs71
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I am currently looking for an e-collar and looking at either the Sport 50 or 60. The only difference I am aware of is the tone mode on the 60s. I am using my retriever for hunting and like the small transmitter of the sports models versus the large field/pro models. Is there a need for the tone mode or is this just a preference of certain trainers? I am looking for any suggestions since this will be a large expense for me. Thanks for any help!

Hawkeye Labs
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Really depends if you are going to use the tone for anything or not. I have trained my dogs to view the tone as a here call in the field. Some would use it as a praise for the dog and others as a warning but I thought it was more effective insaving me from blowing the whistles as much in the field.

I guess if money is a premium I wouldn't recommend the extra cost myself. That's my 2 cents.

sfs71
06-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the help. I think I am going to go with the Sport 50. I don't need more buttons to confuse me.

yellrdog
06-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Have you considered any of the sport dog collars? I use all TT but have heard alot of good things about them and I realy like the smaller transmitters.