RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

EntryExpress and NAHRA/NFRA

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  msdaisey 
#1 ·
I sent this email out earlier today to the EE club administrators that have used our system for NAHRA and NFRA events. Thought i would post it here to help get the word out. I'm pretty bummed about it.

I am sorry to announce that EntryExpress will no longer be available to NAHRA or NFRA events. We have worked diligently to find a way to make it work, but unfortunately our system is not conducive to the lower entry numbers of these venues. We have investigated several alternatives; such as entry minimums or catalog price increase. However, I feel having different pricing or imposing minimums would put undue cost and pressure on the clubs, which is in direct conflict with the mission of Entry Express. That being said, we have decided to exclude these venues until such time as the entry numbers consistently get to a level that is a better fit for our system.

I know most of you personally, and as a dog person, I want to see all these events on EE. But unfortunately, as a corporation with employees and overhead, we have to do what makes sense financially.

Thanks so much for your support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

Regards,

C. Shayne Mehringer
Chief Executive Officer
Entry Express Inc
4300 Rogers Ave Ste. 20 #401
Fort Smith AR 72903
(214) 395-1427 direct
(479) 441-3746 fax
smehringer@entryexpress.net
www.entryexpress.net

#6 ·
EE is really nice to use regardless of test/trial size, but its not the end of the world. Believe it or not some of us still have programs that print premiums and catalogs.

#7 ·
Thats true Chris. Catalogs got created long before EE was around. Entries in the 25-50 range is not near the burden on a secretary that 250 entries can be, which is why i created EE in the first place. Unfortunately, my overhead to create and format the catalogs is the same whether we're doing 25 catalogs or 200. I break even in the 100-125 range.

I would be happy to provide data files of any NFRA clubs' historical events on EE if that will help to create future catalogs.

Shayne

#8 ·
Shayne,

We've had this conversation a couple of times on the phone and I completely understand. I think most others do as well. I just didn't want people to think "Oh My God" now what? We get to dependent on stuff these days. A little work never hurt anybody.

Chris

#9 ·
cpayne said:
Shayne,

We've had this conversation a couple of times on the phone and I completely understand. I think most others do as well. I just didn't want people to think "Oh My God" now what? We get to dependent on stuff these days. A little work never hurt anybody.

Chris
I can relate. Internet was down a few hours last week. I felt like the world was coming to an end!!!!!!!

Shayne

#10 ·
Shayne Mehringer said:
I am sorry to announce that EntryExpress will no longer be available to NAHRA or NFRA events. We have worked diligently to find a way to make it work, but unfortunately our system is not conducive to the lower entry numbers of these venues. We have investigated several alternatives; such as entry minimums or catalog price increase. However, I feel having different pricing or imposing minimums would put undue cost and pressure on the clubs, which is in direct conflict with the mission of Entry Express. That being said, we have decided to exclude these venues until such time as the entry numbers consistently get to a level that is a better fit for our system.

I know most of you personally, and as a dog person, I want to see all these events on EE. But unfortunately, as a corporation with employees and overhead, we have to do what makes sense financially.

Thanks so much for your support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

Regards,

C. Shayne Mehringer
Chief Executive Officer
Entry Express Inc
4300 Rogers Ave Ste. 20 #401
Fort Smith AR 72903
(214) 395-1427 direct
(479) 441-3746 fax
smehringer@entryexpress.net
www.entryexpress.net

Shayne, this letter in entirely too corporate!

Geez, you are EE.net not Wal Mart.

What about doing it for the dogs and their little puppies? These people were counting on you to help them out. You better take care of them on your way up or ....

#11 ·
Mr Booty said:
Shayne, this letter in entirely too corporate!

Geez, you are EE.net not Wal Mart.

What about doing it for the dogs and their little puppies? These people were counting on you to help them out. You better take care of them on your way up or ....
The dogs and their little puppies don't care if you enter online or not! :)

I am very much like Wal-Mart..... we are both in Arkansas. :wink:

Shayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.