PDA

View Full Version : Manitowac Results???

JusticeDog
08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Anyone?

John Gassner
08-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Charlie Hines took first with Cody, and second with I think Ranger. Wayne got third with ? Fourth went to Mac Dubose (Lynn handled in the first series) with Chica. Wayne also had about 5 jams.

Charlie Moody has a nice derby dog that won again this weekend ( that's two in a row!) Mike Lardy is evaluating the dog for a client so he ran him. Charlie also got fourth.

Am and Qual were still going when I left. I'll try to get more results and post them later today.

The tests I saw were good and tough. The Open started with a quad with two retired. The long retired was 465 yards. Only 25 called back to the next series ( we were fortunate enough to be one of them). Only a couple of dogs had positive marks on the long bird, with over half of the callbacks with handles. The judges were generous with callbacks. The water blind was 400-450 with a poison bird and a scented point.

John

K G
08-15-2005, 10:09 AM
How many dogs entered/started that Open, John?

KG

mbrookins
08-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Keith,

I recall that after scratches there were approx. 70 dogs in the Open. I would not be surprised if 40 picked up (I spent part of the day retired) and remember a number that got hung on the old fall of the go bird when being sent for the long retired. Also, dogs just pulled to the left on the long bird and never got in the area of the fall.

John Gassner
08-15-2005, 11:18 AM
How many dogs entered/started that Open, John?

KG

I agree, I think they ended up with close to 70 dogs starting the test. Many dogs were picked up. Quite a few had double handles. The short retired also gave them problems. Wind was blowing from right to left, and after the dogs got out 250-300 yards the usually started to fade quickly to the left. Many wouldn't handle from there (approx. 180 yards away). Most of the handles were VERY weak.

John

Tami T
08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
I thought the Open was really tough, but good. That first series was brutal, dogs really got sucked into the treeline on the long bird. Even though Bubba didn't finish; I was so proud of him, he picked up the birds in the first series beautifully!! Congrat to Charlie, Cody was awesome and way to go BUBBA BIRD DOG

Dave Kress
08-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Tami: thanks for the hospitallity and use of your home. We picked up Austin at VetHab on Friday. Marty learned alot being there for 3 days and Ivery much enjoyed Friday morning. John is on the cutting edge of increased preformance.
I am disappointed that Bubba didn't finish but we know he can mark and do the work so on to the next one!
By the way Austin and Pixie each came back clear on the CNM tests on look for a brown litter near Christmas.
Go brown dogs
Dave k.