PDA

View Full Version : PUSH WINS THE AMATEUR!!!

Val Ducross
08-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Push WON the Amateur today in Sunpoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-DDDDDDD Mike handling him, of course! For those who are following his amazing career this season, which only started May 21st, Push has now accumulated, if my math is correct, a total of TWENTY-TWO ALL-AGE POINTS. Eighteen of which were earned this season alone. The season is not over yet! Incredible, beyond words!!!! I am still in shock! To give you a comparison, last year he finished five all-age stakes, but only earned 2 points total for the trial season. The year before when he was one year of age, he earned another 2 points. Yes, he was only one year of age placing in an Amateur All-Age stake!!!! This is one heck of a Golden Retriever to say the least. Push is now only 4 years old. For folks who want to check out this dog, you can see him on his page http://ambertrail.com/pushstuddog.html

For those who want to see what kind of structure this takes and what type of personality he has, can meet him, in person, at the GRCA National Specialty next month. He may bomb at the trials and stick out like a sore thumb in the Open Dog Class there, but he will be there!!! ;-) Melanie Foster is Push's very proud breeder and am sure she can't wait to see him again! She hasn't had her hands on him since he was a puppy, so it will be a special moment for her, and Push, I am sure! ;-) Looking forward to seeing friends and meeting Push's many fans!

Take care for now.

Val Ducross
http://www.ambertrail.com

Angie B
08-21-2005, 12:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Angie

Creek Retrievers
08-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Congratulations!

Auggie
08-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Val, Mike & PUSH:
Way to go! Congratulations!!!! :D
See you at the Golden Speciality.
Auggie

John Gassner
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Congratulations to Push, and Mike and Val, and of course to Melanie. Here's to breeding many more "winners".

Good luck in the ring next month. I think he looks more like the breed standard than the dogs with the CH in front of their names.

Val, I know you mostly run in Canada, how many points does Push have for his FC and AFC title? Will Mike run him stateside more in the future, or stick primarily with the circuit north of the border?

John

Becky Mills
08-21-2005, 01:40 PM
How 'bout that PUSH!!!!

stevelow
08-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Congratulations Push, Mike, Val and Melanie! Whar a great dog, great handlers and a great breeder.

I look forward to seeing you all at Gettysburg!

Val Ducross
08-21-2005, 02:16 PM
<Val, I know you mostly run in Canada, how many points does Push have for his FC and AFC title? Will Mike run him stateside more in the future, or stick primarily with the circuit north of the border?>

John,

Thanks so much 8) Push is nicely made for sure!

Two years ago when Push was only two years of age, Mike took him to Ohio and ran Buckeye and the GRCA National Specialty. Push was triple staked in both events. He ran Qual, Am, Open at Buckeye for three days and on for three more at the NS. These were Mike's and Push's first attempts in trials in the US as a team. Push ran six days in a row and finished 23 of 24 series. He Jam'd the Amateurs in both events, Jam'd the Open at the NS, placed 3rd in the Qual at Buckeye and won the 101 dog Qual at the National Specialty. Not bad for their first time, eh :wink:

Our plans are to finish his titles here first and perhaps next year Mike and Push will make their way back across the border. Time and money will tell if they can pull off another few titles.

Thanks for asking. All the best. Val

Carol Cassity
08-21-2005, 02:58 PM
YAHOO! WAY TO GO

AMBERTRAIL RULES!

:D :D

CAROL

Ken Guthrie
08-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I must admit I am not a huge swamp collie follower, but after looking at Push's website.......that is a fine looking animal. Wow, he is awesome looking. (and that coming from a strict lab guy)

Congrat's on Push's achievements.

Melanie Foster
08-21-2005, 05:38 PM
His stats for the year are going to look pretty darn good. :D

Andy
08-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Way to go PUSH!

Congrats to all involved!

Andy

perrycox
08-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Congrats to Push, Mike and Val.

Jim Pickering
08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Big congratulations!! The boys are hot. I cannot wait to see Mike handling Push in conformation at the Specialty.

Ted Hilfiker
08-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Jim Pickering wrote:

I cannot wait to see Mike handling Push in conformation at the Specialty.

HAHAHAHAHA....... Don't know, Jim, but I have my suspicions you might be waiting alot longer than this Sept...... I would pay good money to see it though!!

Mike, Val, Push & Rosie and the gang...... Huge congrats to Team Ambertrail on an amazing trial season!!! When I chose Push as sire to my new guy as a two year-old in 2003, it was just obvious this was gonna be a special dog. Such focus....and that "something" intangible you just knew good things were coming. Of course, as an almost complete novice, I attribute my choice to my genuis as a judge of dog work. :roll: :roll: :shock:

Val, I told Zoot about his Poppa's wins, he had two responses:

"In the groove, Daddy-o, in the groove."

And:

"Do I get extra kibble for that?"

Have a great time at the Specialty, guys. Wish I could go.

Ted

bjlokey
08-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Great Job. One more open point and I think we will be invaded by the neighbors to the north.

Look out Randy, I hear they will be traveling to Md. and back.

And I hear it on good authority that Mike will be in the gallery at the conformation. I might be worth hanging around for an extra day.

Val Ducross
08-22-2005, 08:42 AM
<Big congratulations!! The boys are hot. I cannot wait to see Mike handling Push in conformation at the Specialty.>

Well, I tried to talk him into it. Even said he could wear camo! 8) I said no one would notice him then:lol: :shock: No way, he said, showing is your job! So, Push has to settle for moi! 8) Coming up here to train Jim? Would love to have you!! :D

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and comments. Mike and I are both looking forward to going and having a long needed vacation and just having fun! See you all there. Val

captdan
08-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Congratulations!!!!! I didn't realize I was in such distinguished company when we trained up there recently. Way to go.

Dan Rice