PDA

View Full Version : Tri-TRonic's Retriever Traianing

Mojoson
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I just ordered this book, and I was wondering if any of you guys out there have it. I would also like to hear your personal opinions on the pros and cons of the book, if anyone has the time... Thanks in advance :D

Howard N
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Read it and take what you can out of it. I think it's pretty good up to the time you strap on an ecollar. Then discard it and watch the Lardy tapes.

I collar conditioned lots of dogs by their methed. It's harder on dogs than the Lardy method. The 3 parallel lines triple double T (or was it triple T) is a good way to turn a dog into a pig.

Honest, send the book to the outhouse for paper and buy the Lardy tapes.

Mojoson
08-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Honest, send the book to the outhouse for paper and buy the Lardy tapes.

Sweet more money well spent! Thanks Howard. Oh well I can always pass it off to the next sucker on ebay :lol:

Howard N
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I also said:

Read it and take what you can out of it

I don't like their method but you'll learn from it if you read it.

Cray Stephenson
08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't think it's as bad as Howard says...come'on, outhouse book?

I think it is a good book, I think that there are many good things in the book. But like anything, you have to take some with a grain of salt. I think that any and every book you read, you can learn from. I actually refer back to this book on occasion although it's been years since I read it. Each book gives a slightly different perspective and what might be nonsense to some trainers might cause the light to come on in others and it may cause a paradigm shift in a few as well.

In the end, the good books are the ones that help you and make you a better trainer. Again, I don't think this is Outhouse material. :twisted:

Cray

Mojoson
08-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I fully intend on reading the book, and actually I was kidding about ebay. 20 bucks isn't worth the pain in the a#$ of shipping the book :lol:

Bob Gutermuth
08-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I should put my copy on E bay, before I run out of TP. ONE of the major faults I find with this book is an abysmal lack of good sound training for marking. I love a dog which handles well, but before I invest a lot of time in teaching the dog to handle I want to know that he/she is a good marker.