RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Putting a fan on a topper.....

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Smokin Joe 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever put fan on a topper to help keep it cool? Or does anyone work in a body shop that could give me some insight into how hard this would be? It was about 95 degrees today, I have a topper that has the windoors on each side and these also have a slider in them. I could not get the inside below 100 degrees.So I was wondering how feasible it would be to put in a fan or two.
Thanks

#4 ·
Hey thanks,
How much would you say they cool down the inside of a topper? You would think that having the air sucked out would only bring in more hot air from outside. I guess what I am getting at is whether or not it is worth the cost?
Thanks

#5 ·
EDT said:
Hey thanks,
How much would you say they cool down the inside of a topper? You would think that having the air sucked out would only bring in more hot air from outside. I guess what I am getting at is whether or not it is worth the cost?
Thanks
It is I think. Moving air is better than non moving air, plus if you park in the shade you have that added payoff.

I'm looking to put one in my stainless topper so I can have good air movement through the topper. As the day gets hotter and more still, it gets quite "close" in there.

Angie

#6 ·
Take a look at these, we have had a brutal summer her in the Midwest, and I cannot say enough good about this product.

http://www.fantasticvent.com/products/endless_breeze/endless_breeze.html

I have two, one for each kennel, and a few guys I train with have orderd them as well. It is as powerful as a house window fan, but is under 5 amps. I ran mine all day at a HT this summer, and never saw my voltmeter on my truck budge.

#7 ·
Fans in a topper

I have an 8 hole topper and it has two small vents on top in fron and the back opens for venting. how many 12v fans would you need? 1 for each kennel? One for each side or one for the topper. The previous post has a link to some 12 volt fans, but I would assume those would just hang on the door. Any help would be great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.