PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Hunt Test/Qual

Paul Rainbolt
08-31-2005, 07:07 AM
The Tulsa Retriever club is having a Owner Handler Qualifying ( Friday, Sept 16,2005) the day before our hunt test (Sept 17-18,2005). This is an AKC licensed field trial, the dog that wins and the dog that places 2nd will be All Age Qualified. This event is a good opportunity for those of you running Master hunt test and thinking of moving up to the next available level to give field trials a try. Entries being taken at Entry Express in the Field Trial section.
Good Luck, Paul Rainbolt

Shayne Mehringer
09-02-2005, 07:15 AM
The Tulsa Retriever club is having a Owner Handler Qualifying ( Friday, Sept 16,2005) the day before our hunt test (Sept 17-18,2005). This is an AKC licensed field trial, the dog that wins and the dog that places 2nd will be All Age Qualified. This event is a good opportunity for those of you running Master hunt test and thinking of moving up to the next available level to give field trials a try. Entries being taken at Entry Express in the Field Trial section.
Good Luck, Paul Rainbolt

Two different catalogs or one? :)

Shayne

K G
09-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Two different event numbers = two different catalogs.

KG

Paul Rainbolt
09-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Is that true Kieth because a lot of hunt test have 2 event #s. I Couldn't find anything in the field trial rule book addressing catalogs. I think as long as they get all the info for their records and the $.50 per dog it will be fine to use one catalog. If they wont accept them that way we can tear the qual pages out and send it to them separately.

K G
09-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I think I'd contact Performance Events and ask them for special dispensation since you're combining a FT with a HT.

Each catalog is supposed to be for each event.....supposed to be.

KG

Tim Carrion
09-02-2005, 07:41 PM
The "rules" are in a state a flux regarding this type of event.
At one one time 2 catalogs would have had to be printed and the HT and or FT portion would have had to be completed before the alternative one could start.
Verbally, AKC will now tell you this is not necessary. BUT AKC "will not" provide written documentation to support their opinions.

Good Luck, have fun, do what you think is right.

Tim

Mad_At_M
09-04-2005, 07:19 PM
One catalog for the FT and one for the HT. Combining the 2 would make for mass confusion at AKC. PLUS....Some that run the FT probably will not run the HT.

Shayne Mehringer
09-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Two different event numbers = two different catalogs.

KG

I called AKC when we did our first HT with 2 event nums. They said i could put them in the same catalog, so we did and we do... unless it's a monster and big enough to justify to seperate catalogs.

The HT/FT catalog poses a slightly different issue as my HT and FT judge's certification pages are different.

For Tulsa, we'll do seperate catalogs in different colors.

Shayne