PDA

View Full Version : Three chances for a doubleheader

Sharon van der Lee
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
The last three weekends, Fly (FTCH AFTCH Pekisko's Round Trip) has won the Open on Saturday. Of course you start thinking "doubleheader". The first weekend, very dumb test in the Amateur on the first series, we picked up. On the second weekend, looking really good going to the last test. I sweated her too much on the tough check down bird that many dogs were blowing through. She got a bit worried and it affected the rest of the test - fourth place that day. On the third weekend, again in very good shape going to the last test. She took a bad fall going to the long retired mark and didn't do a very good job - CM.

It would have been nice to capitalize on one of those Sundays, but I'm happy we were in a position to get there so many times!

Sharon

Glenda Brown
09-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Dear Sharon:

Congrats on being there at the end----that is always hard. Have blown a few "possible" double headers myself. The one that looked the best, Hammer was in the lead in the Amateur when with one bird left, I let the teasing from the gallery get to me---the judges had let them sit right behind the line! The judges have since apologized to me many times for allowing it get out of control, but I blame myself for giving in to the pressure. But, isn't it wonderful to even be in the position of possibly getting one.

You always do extremely well with your dogs on a consistent basis. And not with just one dog, with many over the years.

Your eyes only----thanks for putting in some good words about your dogs and some of the other Canadian dogs. Good luck at the National. It looks like a strong field.

Glenda Brown

Glenda Brown
09-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Dear Sharon:

Congrats on being there at the end----that is always hard. Have blown a few "possible" double headers myself. The one that looked the best, Hammer was in the lead in the Amateur when with one bird left, I let the teasing from the gallery get to me---the judges had let them sit right behind the line! The judges have since apologized to me many times for allowing it get out of control, but I blame myself for giving in to the pressure. But, isn't it wonderful to even be in the position of possibly getting one.

You always do extremely well with your dogs on a consistent basis. And not with just one dog, with many over the years.

Your eyes only----thanks for putting in some good words about your dogs and some of the other Canadian dogs. Good luck at the National. It looks like a strong field.

Glenda Brown

Sharon van der Lee
09-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks very much Glenda. Won't be able to make Long Point this year unfortunately.

Hope to see you up in Alberta again sometime.

Sharon