PDA

View Full Version : Sagehens results?

dogcommand
09-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Any news?

Russ
09-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Janet,

We were counting on you for results. Apparently you are not entered. Maybe Melanie can help us out this week :lol: :lol:

Russ

Melanie Foster
09-10-2005, 02:02 AM
I will try and redeem myself this weekend. :) Waiting to hear from my source. Heck, I'll drive over there if I have to. :D

MHTOLLER
09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
I know a tiny bit, Robin Gulvin won the Qual with Slick. He did a lovely job. Bill Kolstad took second with Duncan.

Sorry don't know about 3rd and 4th. My Connie, took reserve Jam (was I thrilled?) oh yes. This is only our third time in the Q and she has a third and a reserve. I was just happy to play and finish.

I have little to compare, but folks said it was really a big, big test. The water looked pretty huge to me. The long retired middle bird was at about 250 yards. The go bird, which they also retired after the dog was sent was at about 170 and the right hand bird was along the shore (most dogs cheated it).

Interestingly many dogs did not see the go bird and went for the right hand bird first. This made the "go bird" very difficult as it was retired.

I loved the test and we were done by 5:00.

I will try and get more information as it becomes available.

Smiling and grateful

Nancy

MHTOLLER
09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
I know a tiny bit, Robin Gulvin won the Qual with Slick. He did a lovely job. Bill Kolstad took second with Duncan.

Sorry don't know about 3rd and 4th. My Connie, took reserve Jam (was I thrilled?) oh yes. This is only our third time in the Q and she has a third and a reserve. I was just happy to play and finish.

I have little to compare, but folks said it was really a big, big test. The water looked pretty huge to me. The long retired middle bird was at about 250 yards. The go bird, which they also retired after the dog was sent was at about 170 and the right hand bird was along the shore (most dogs cheated it).

Interestingly many dogs did not see the go bird and went for the right hand bird first. This made the "go bird" very difficult as it was retired.

I loved the test and we were done by 5:00.

I will try and get more information as it becomes available.

Smiling and grateful

Nancy

dogcommand
09-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Russ, I was entered but had to pull at the last minute. Gyro has a bad sprain of his left front "wrist" (carpus?) and Cal Cadmus has grounded him until he checks him again at the beginning of October :cry: I am so bummed!!! but at least it isn't as bad as he had initially thought. Before he x-rayed it he thought there might be a break...so I am relieved.

Janet

ps I think that I heard that Robin won the Q

MHTOLLER
09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Third was Bill Daley's Spirit and fourth ws Sill Sargenti's dog Pepsi.

That's all I iknow.

Nancy

MHTOLLER
09-10-2005, 11:12 AM
I just got the the JAM's

Budgie's Mack and Hummer
Dick Ellis with Gunner
Alice Woodyard and Pocket
George Ibarra and Luke

That's it.

Suzanne Burr
09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Congrats to everyone in the Qual. Sounds like it was a tough test. And Hooray for Budgie for getting a JAM with Hummer. Now if Budge just doesn't get a speeding ticket going home all will be well!!
Anything on the O or the A? Heard they were dropping like flies in the A yesterday.
Suzanne Burr

Melanie Foster
09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
O/H AMATEUR

1) Kit - Pennington!
2) don't know
3) Julia - Ahlgren
4) Moda - Tyson

Don't know JAMs. Sorry about just using call names. I don't have a catalog and don't want to butcher their registered names.

ps Edit---I just noticed Wendy had two dogs in the Am so don't know if it was Kit or River that won.

Melanie Foster
09-11-2005, 03:26 PM
OPEN

1) Brook - Moore
2) Don Graves, don't know which dog, I'm guessing Eddie
3) Butch - Cordell (Sargenti)
4) Tar - why am I drawing a blank on owner's name? (Sargenti)

Don't have JAMs.

Russ
09-11-2005, 03:38 PM
In the Derby, Brian Clasby handled Mickey Rawlins dog Chance to a 1st and Mollie to a 3rd.
-Russ

Melanie Foster
09-11-2005, 05:07 PM
DERBY

1) Chance - Clasby
2) Smoke - Cooney
3) Molly - Clasby
4) Coal - Cote (12 month old dog)

Second place in the Amateur went to Chris Hatch.

dogcommand
09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Melanie Thanks for posting. Glad to see you are back on the ball :lol: :lol: Did you get any figures on entries in each stake? I know that the Q was real small.

Lynn Moore
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
RJ in the Open went to Gary Algren's Julia, and JAMS to Charles Tyson's Ryder and Don Shaw's Rio. Tar is owned by Doug Eberhardt.
Brook went from deathbed to 200%! Appointment with Cal on Thursday! Suzanne King and Jon Knapp set up a very nice trial.
55 in Open, 48 In the Am, Q had 28 and Derby 26. Sagehen's lost money due to a big trial up in Idaho.

Lynn Moore
09-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Melanie, Lulu was in the fourth series and the judges really liked her. had a double handle. The wind was especially hard on Billy.
Missed you there Janet, hope Gyro is feeling better soon.

Howard N
09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
1) Kit - Pennington!

Is this a show dog? Any CH points?

Big Congrats to Wendy Pennington she's doing it the hard way with show labs.

Melanie Foster
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Howard,

Kit has some conformation behind him but I doubt he is big enough to have CH points. And I don't mean big as in poking fun at show Labs--I truly think he might be undersized as per the breed standard.

Lynn,

Yes I had lunch with Meg on her way home. That's where I got all the results. :D

Congratulations on your big WIN!

Melanie Foster
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Did you get any figures on entries in each stake? I know that the Q was real small.

FYI, here's the Sagehens site that has running orders for their field trials and hunt tests:

http://home.surewest.net/fetch/

North Mountain
09-12-2005, 08:42 AM
55 in Open, 48 In the Am, Q had 28 and Derby 26. Sagehen's lost money due to a big trial up in Idaho.

I think if you look at our entries from this year and last year, you will see the extra folks we got at our trial this year were Kenny Trott from Colorado and Eric Fangsrud from Montana. I would be suprised to hear those guys normally run Sagehens.

Laura

FOM
09-12-2005, 09:51 AM
In the Derby, Brian Clasby handled Mickey Rawlins dog Chance to a 1st and Mollie to a 3rd.
-Russ

:shock: :shock: Mickey sure knows how to rack up those miles - he was at RMRC the weekend before....Chance made it to the 3rd, but caved to the factors....congrats to Micky!

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

Lynn Moore
09-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Thank-you Melanie and all who Emailed me! Brook just turned three and has eleven AA points!
Hi Laura, I will pass that along to Robin. You're right, I don't recognize the names. There are ebbs and flows to the numbers except our San Jose trial in February, that's always huge. Hope you make it down this way for one of them. Love your trial up by Fruitland!
Lynn

dogcommand
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Actually, I think one reason for the small entry was that conditions at that site were so BAD for the Spring double DQ (Foxtail city) that a number of people swore not to go back. (even though by this time of year they are pretty much down)

Lynn Moore
09-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Yes, Foxtails are SO scary, but you're right Janet, they were there but down and the judges worked hard to avoid star thistle, which was also a problem (probably more for us people than the dogs).
Now I hear that Oakdale has really been mowed.
Lynn