PDA

View Full Version : CSRA numbers

David Baty
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
I may actually get home before dark on Sunday. Might even have time clean up the gear.

Open - 53
Amateur - 30
Derby - 11

Howard N
09-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Not a lot different than an Alaskan trial Dave. How often did you get home early???

Brian Cockfield
09-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I tried to talk a few people into running this trial. I had a feeling it would be small. They're gonna be sick when I tell them the numbers. I'm looking forward to judging this trial; it should be alot of fun provided we have good weather.

K G
09-21-2005, 07:26 AM
94 dogs at CSRA vs. 227 the same weekend at Middle Tennessee! :shock: !!

I'd be interested to hear opinions as to why there is such a difference between the entries of these two trials. My thoughts are:

1) CSRA is not holding a Qualifying. Perhaps not a huge influence, but a factor nontheless, evidenced also by only 11 dogs in the Derby. There are 192 entered in Atlanta this weekend, only a couple of hours away from where CSRA will be next weekend.

2) MTARC was an EE event, CSRA was not. Folks knew what they were going to face when they entered MTARC, not so much when they entered CSRA. Is entering a trial where you know how many dogs you're going to run against more favored than entering one where you don't?

Just looking for opinions, not trying to start a firestorm.....

KG

John Bryant
09-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I would be interested in knowing which pros entered. It sounds like some may be going elsewhere.

Roger Perry
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
I entered the CCRA last year but did not receive an entry form for CCRA this year. I printed generic entry forms but without a qualifying I decided not to enter this year.

David Baty
09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Typically our fall trial is small. Last year was 110 dogs and only one pro from last year is not there. We never have a Q in the fall due to lack of grounds and the shooting preserves open their season on 1 Oct. We really expected a larger group this year due to our small trial last year and the close proximity to the Atlanta trial. I guess Nashville has a lot more appeal than the "Western Steer" dining in Metter, Georgia. Of course, our spring is usually over 200 as the snowbirds haven't returned home yet. We just hope to break even over the year for expenses.