PDA

View Full Version : Tar Heel Trial Cancelled by Flood!

Brenda
10-08-2005, 04:43 PM
The heavy rains on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning caused the roads leading into John Thomas' grounds to flood. When it became clear that the fast moving waters were rising high enough to trap anyone on the grounds as well as keep others from entering, the field trial committee cancelled the trial. The derby was compleated on Friday and the results will stand. The open ran the first 40 +/_ dogs on Friday. The qual and am never started.

I don't know which dogs placed in the derby but first and third went to dogs handled by Al Arthur, second to Tami Thompson and forth to Alan Pleasant.

Mac DuBose said that entry fees would be refunded.

Ken Neil
________
Plymouth Gran Fury History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Gran_Fury)

quailhtrnc
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I can venture a guess on the actual dogs,:

# 9, Chuch (Sandhills 2 buck Chuck) and # 13 Lake Park Sugarfoot Kelsey for the Arthurs and # 4 Good Ideas Holy Cow for Alan Pleasant. Tami's pup did a great job, just about stepped on each bird. Quite a selection of Derby dogs, all looked real good in the hard, driving, pouring, drenching, roadwashing rain!

Kristie Wilder
10-08-2005, 11:35 PM
The heavy rains on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning caused the roads leading into John Thomas' grounds to flood. When it became clear that the fast moving waters were rising high enough to trap anyone on the grounds as well as keep others from entering, the field trial committee cancelled the trial. The derby was compleated on Friday and the results will stand. The open ran the first 40 +/_ dogs on Friday. The qual and am never started.

I don't know which dogs placed in the derby but first and third went to dogs handled by Al Arthur, second to Tami Thompson and forth to Alan Pleasant.

Mac DuBose said that entry fees would be refunded.

Ken Neil

Did Elsie get the 4th?

Brenda
10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Yes Kristie it was Good Idea's Holy Cow.... Elsie! :lol:
________
Herbal Health (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

Tami T
10-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, I must say, I have never experienced anything quite like this!! Tim and I finally arrived back in Chapel Hill around 11:30 am this morning. We stayed down because my vehicle as well as Jeff Telander's were trapped on the grounds. THere is still some water on the roads, but some of the road to the grounds was washed away. We are very thankful that the bird boys were able to get out safely and that all contestants were not trapped on the grounds. The water rose so quickly Saturday morning, it was scary.

I feel like I am just now drying out!

I just want to say thanks to all the participants for their patience. Thanks to everyone that helped and thanks to my husband Tim, Burke Earley and Jeff Telander who stayed out there on Saturday and were able to get everything picked and the bird trailer out safely!

I don't think i want to train on the water for awhile, not sure i want to drink it either!!! I will unpack and post all the derby results a bit later.

Tami

Tami T
10-09-2005, 01:14 PM
I also want to thank John Thomas for the use of his grounds and for pulling people out with the tractor! John, if you need help repairing the road, let me know, i can drive a tractor!

Also, thanks to the derby judges for completing the derby, thanks to the open judges who attempted to complete the open and thanks to the Q and AM judges who didn't get a chance to judge but were there to give it a try!

Brenda
10-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Tami even though it was a miserable weekend with the rain.....you should be very proud ......the puppy you were running was her first Derby and she got 2nd place!! Congrats to you from Brenda and Kenny!!
________
Bmw Gs History (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_GS)

Tami T
10-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Brenda, Thanks to you and Kenny, I am VERY PROUD. She was such a good girl and I am so glad we worked so well together!

Becky Mills
10-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Way to go Tami and pup!
Take Care,
Becky and Hoss