PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up for Under Armour

Dave Combs
10-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Well I tried out the new Under Armour suit this weekend on a woodcock grouse excursion to the North Country of NYS. Wind blowing 25-30 mph, cold and an occasional rain shower. I walked almost 2 miles through some of the nastiest, swampiest, best looking woodcock habitat I've ever seen and worked up a pretty good lather - but i never once got cold from perspiration. It's the shizzle! The tight conforming material takes a little getting use to, but it's really great stuff - I would highly reccomend a set!

As a side note we flushed 2 grouse, and about 10 woodcock only ending up with one woodcock. Tough little buggers when you've only got a 7-8 foot window to shoot.

Rick Hall
10-10-2005, 08:17 AM
That's 'cause you're a sportsman gunning in cover a flushing dog.

This lazy SOB will drive miles out of his way to swap his flushing retriever for a pointing dog before entering really dense woodcock coverts.

(Where "cock"er spanials earned their acclaim, the guns stood outside cover and waited for the little dogs to push them into the open.)

And thanks for the Under Armour report. Been wondering about it. (But also hate restrictive clothes and wonder more about the newer looser fitting version.)

Hammer2306
10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
I found that the Under Armor works great if you are active. I sat in a deer stand and nearly froze to death.

Anthony Heath
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi Hammer,

It's a wicking layer. Still need the insulating layer. :wink:

kjrice
10-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I found that the Under Armor works great if you are active. I sat in a deer stand and nearly froze to death.

:lol: