Master National Group B First Series [Archive] - RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF

: Master National Group B First Series

10-10-2005, 09:21 PM
The first series ended at about 2 pm today, the second day of running. 154 dogs were entered, 139 ran, and 94 were called back to the second series, which started this afternoon.

See for test diagram. First bird down is a winger mallard which lands on the far side of a stick pond in heavy cover, 104 yards. Second bird is also across same pond, fairly tight to the right, 105 yards, landing in moderate cover on the other side of a big log. Third was a mallard flyer, 40 yards to the left in a clean cove on the same pond, a good breaking bird. This was a walk up series, with an honor. Many people handled on the middle bird due to the terrain and cover. Second series is a long pheasant land double with a double blind by invitation.

Kris Hunt
10-10-2005, 09:45 PM
GOOD LUCK STEVE AND CODY!!! I hope you are one of the 94 back to run that pheasant double. Keep us posted and Hello to Sally.

10-10-2005, 10:07 PM
callbacks are up. It was hilarious. I happened to be on it while they were entering callbacks for group b. Everytime I hit refresh it would list another dog.

Becky Mills
10-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Go Steve and Cody!!!!
From your fans,
Becky and Hoss

Miriam Wade
10-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Yea Steve & Cody!! See you're in the callbacks for the 1st series. Go get 'em guys!!

Your Other Fans-

M & Kate

Paula Richard
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi Steve:

Glad to see that you and Cody are called back and hope you have a good second series. Our friend Bob T. and Cooper also got called back - give him my best.

Take care,

Paula and Marshall.

10-11-2005, 08:19 PM
The complete description of Series 2 is on the MN web site. 71 of 94 dogs were called back for Series 3.

Thank you all for your good wishes. Cody and I didn't make it through the second series. He stepped on both marks (as well as all three in the first series) The right hand blind was one whistle. He took a good line to the second blind; I was one second late on the whistle and he went by it into heavy cover and brush. He came back to it with a few whistles, but he was dropped. Under the new AKC rules, the blinds are judged individually rather than averaged, and the judges must have called the second blind a zero.

Paula and Marshall, Bob and Cooper did get called back to the third series.

Becky Mills
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh, Steve. I am so sorry. You and Cody are a wonderful team.
Take Care,

Howard N
10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I didn't know you were wonderful :twisted:

But I'm sorry your were dropped too.

10-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Steve.... I'm so sorry you were dropped! We were rooting for you!! Oh well.... at least he did a fantastic job on everything else. Tell Sally "HI" from us!

Miriam Wade
10-13-2005, 11:57 AM

Sorry to hear that you & Cody didn't make it through. Doesn't change the fact that Cody is one of the most consistent Master dogs out there.

Hope to see you & the Missus in the Spring!!

M & Kate