PDA

View Full Version : Master National Group B First Series

stevelow
10-10-2005, 10:21 PM
The first series ended at about 2 pm today, the second day of running. 154 dogs were entered, 139 ran, and 94 were called back to the second series, which started this afternoon.

See http://www.masternational.com/event/diagrams/7A.jpg for test diagram. First bird down is a winger mallard which lands on the far side of a stick pond in heavy cover, 104 yards. Second bird is also across same pond, fairly tight to the right, 105 yards, landing in moderate cover on the other side of a big log. Third was a mallard flyer, 40 yards to the left in a clean cove on the same pond, a good breaking bird. This was a walk up series, with an honor. Many people handled on the middle bird due to the terrain and cover. Second series is a long pheasant land double with a double blind by invitation.

Kris Hunt
10-10-2005, 10:45 PM
GOOD LUCK STEVE AND CODY!!! I hope you are one of the 94 back to run that pheasant double. Keep us posted and Hello to Sally.

Kris

bandcollector
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
callbacks are up. It was hilarious. I happened to be on it while they were entering callbacks for group b. Everytime I hit refresh it would list another dog.

Becky Mills
10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Go Steve and Cody!!!!
From your fans,
Becky and Hoss

Miriam Wade
10-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Yea Steve & Cody!! See you're in the callbacks for the 1st series. Go get 'em guys!!

Your Other Fans-

M & Kate

Paula Richard
10-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Steve:

Glad to see that you and Cody are called back and hope you have a good second series. Our friend Bob T. and Cooper also got called back - give him my best.

Take care,

Paula and Marshall.

stevelow
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
The complete description of Series 2 is on the MN web site. 71 of 94 dogs were called back for Series 3.

Thank you all for your good wishes. Cody and I didn't make it through the second series. He stepped on both marks (as well as all three in the first series) The right hand blind was one whistle. He took a good line to the second blind; I was one second late on the whistle and he went by it into heavy cover and brush. He came back to it with a few whistles, but he was dropped. Under the new AKC rules, the blinds are judged individually rather than averaged, and the judges must have called the second blind a zero.

Paula and Marshall, Bob and Cooper did get called back to the third series.

Becky Mills
10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh, Steve. I am so sorry. You and Cody are a wonderful team.
Take Care,
Becky

Howard N
10-11-2005, 10:38 PM
I didn't know you were wonderful :twisted:

But I'm sorry your were dropped too.

MardiGras
10-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Steve.... I'm so sorry you were dropped! We were rooting for you!! Oh well.... at least he did a fantastic job on everything else. Tell Sally "HI" from us!

Sheril

Miriam Wade
10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Steve-

Sorry to hear that you & Cody didn't make it through. Doesn't change the fact that Cody is one of the most consistent Master dogs out there.

Hope to see you & the Missus in the Spring!!

M & Kate