PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Boy Questions

David Bravo
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Getting ready to purchase my first remote launcher. I have three questions with regard to Bumper Boy:

1) Has anyone used the smartbird feature, if so, is it effective?
2) On the Derby Double, does the "omni directional" feature mean that the bumpers are shot far enough away from each other that you can perform a double off one machine, or do you need two launchers to perform a double?
3) If I am training for hunt tests, should I use stick men or some simulation with the remote launcher?

All input is greatly appreciated.

ponce
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I have 2 four shooters and love them. I have not used the smart birds or the bi-directional feature so can't give you input on them.

I would think that you would want 2 launchers even if you use bi-directional it will limit your set-ups. Also I think the regular bumps are fine. To change things up plant ducks in the area of the fall and the dog gets a reward when they go out. You can make cheap gunners if you want with 1 inch pvc pipe, make a "T" out of the pipe and hang either white or camy covered clothing on them, then stand them by the launcher.

EDT
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
1) Yes I have used them. Don't really know what you mean by effective but in my opinion they are not necessary. They are nothing like a shot flyer and really just a pain in the butt. Use dead birds when you train with people that can throw them or use wingers.

2) Yes

3) Yes, using stickmen is a good idea.

lablover
10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
EDT,

Ever train by yourself? That's where the BB's are in their glory.