PDA

View Full Version : Calif FT

gmhr1
10-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Any results in yet for the trial in Lost Hills CA. We were supposed to go but had to scratch due to my surgery.
thanks
cindy

Wyldfire
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
:D My friend who is running our dog ( Cricket ) just called.

Derby :

1st Glen Lake Black Kirsty
2nd Wyldfire's Midknight Lullaby ( Cricket ) - (puts her 1 point from the Derby List) :D
3rd Carbon's Blue Pursuit
4th Midknight's Mystical Wizard

gmhr1
10-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Congrats!!!! and thanks

Suzanne Burr
10-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Congrats--way to go, Cricket. Bet you'll pick up that point to put her on the Derby list soon!
Suzanne Burr

gmhr1
10-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Any news on the Qual?

Russ
10-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Qual, Am and Open will not be done until this afternoon.

Russ

Melanie Foster
10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
75 dogs started the Amateur. 42 handlers picked up (!) and about 9 had big hunts or handles and did not called back, bringing back only 24 to the second series.

It was 95 degrees out and except for the first few dogs who were lucky enough to run early in the morning, there was no breeze to speak of. And they were using hen pheasants.

Second series was a double blind with one of the blinds placed directly in front of a gun station, with the gunner turned facing the line. From what I heard, many dogs would not run directly at the gun but maybe someone who was there can fill us in.

Tammy Z
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Here's what I heard via the grapevine-Hope it's accurate!!
Amateur

1st - Chippewa Wilson - John Pampy
2nd - Volwood's Peaches and Cream - Jack Vollstedt
3rd - Princess Mac Dart of Esplanade - Judy Bly
4th - ??

RJ - Valley Home No Fear - Jim Gerhold

Jam's - Don't know all of them!!

Emberain Rugby - Linda Browne

Land Series was a triple with two retired guns in the tree line. 23 dogs were carried to the land blind.(Flier was 260 yds, short retired was 300 yds, long retired 360 yds)

Land Blind was a double blind with the short blind being right at the bird boy and the long blind on the back side of the flyer station.

Water blind with a poison bird mark on a scented point.

Water triple for the last series in a technical pond. Long land angle entries.

That's about all I know for now!! Congratulations to all!!

Tammy

Glenda Brown
10-17-2005, 09:21 AM
One I do know is 4th place in Amateur to FC/AFC Yellowstone's Dust Devil, o/h G. Brown.

Left early so I could get home and appear like I was making dinner for my husband (brownie points) so didn't stay and get everything.

Glenda

Glenda Brown
10-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Reread earlier post---waterblind was a dry pop, sent from backside of a mound into a technical pond. Tight entry, long blind with water channels to cross after leaving technical pond and then out into field.

Glenda

Annette
10-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Congratulations Glenda . If you hear any other placements please post. I am wondering if any of the phoenix people did anything in the Qual.

K G
10-17-2005, 09:30 AM
short retired was 300 yds

That's sort of an oxymoron isn't it?

Just sayin'.....

kg

Miriam Wade
10-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Glenda Brown wrote:

Left early so I could get home and appear like I was making dinner for my husband

:)

Congratulations Glenda!!!!!!!

M

Suzanne Burr
10-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I heard Patti Kiernan won the Open, but the connection was bad then I lost the call so I can't be sure--sorry.
Suzanne Burr

dogcommand
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Ah come on you guys. I know a lot of you were down there, can't you give us more results?????? No word on the qual??

gmhr1
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
the wait is killing me!

dogcommand
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Melanie, Florence.....Thought you guys had connections!! :shock: :shock:

Melanie Foster
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Melanie, Florence.....Thought you guys had connections!! :shock: :shock:

Sorry, my connection left the trial early. :( I emailed the Catalogs Express person and asked when/if they would be posting results to their website....no word back yet.

gmhr1
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
is the catalogs express website up and running
cindy

Melanie Foster
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
is the catalogs express website up and running
cindy

http://www.catalogexpress.net/

It doesn't hold a candle to Entry Express!

Glenda Brown
10-17-2005, 04:22 PM
I heard (and this may be totally wrong), that Luann Pleasant went 1, 3, 4, and RJ in the Qual. Have no idea which of her dogs.

Since I don't have any minor stake dogs, am never over there so usually only hear things through the grapevine.

If I am wrong, don't say you saw it here!

I did hear Patti won the Open (do not know which dog) and Luann went 2nd with Scoop which Qualified him for the National in S.C.

Glenda

Melanie Foster
10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
That's great about Luann and Scoop! I hadn't heard that yet! And congrats on your 4th in the Am, Glenda.

I heard back from Jerri and she's going to try and get the results posted tonight. She's working on getting the running order for this upcoming weekend posted right now.

Lynn Moore
10-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately, Billy Sargenti did not place in the Open......Brook, Magic, and Louie all got JAMs. Always next week! Good for Luann to qualify for the Nationals!

Russ
10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Florence is still at Goose Lake. She trained after the trial yesterday and did not have the results in writing.

She did say Mollie and Brian Clasby took second in the Qual.

Russ

Linda
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
this may have been already posted, I didn't look at the first page today. I think you're all looking maybe for Open and Qual results? Open was won by Patti Kiernan, not sure which dog, Luann was second with Scoop, qualifying him for the National, Rob Reuter was third and Bill Daley was fourth. All I know of the Qual is Luann was first with a dog named Diesel and third with Rumor.....don't know the rest of the qual nor JAMs in Open. Linda