PDA

View Full Version : GHG Full Bodies

brian breuer
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I am having a hard time deciding on which goose decoy to buy. I know the bigfoots are bullet proof but the new greenhead gear / avery's just look awesome. Especially the fully - flocked heads and bodies combined with the motion bases they look outstanding.

Anyone have these decoys and how are they holding up? Do you need bags?

Staner
10-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Brian, I used GHG full body and shell Canadas last year and the flocking held up very well - I left them in the field most of the time so I can't speak from a lot of experience with hauling them in/out on a daily basis. Based on my good experience with Avery in the past I recently purchased full body mallards and speck geese, both with the motion stakes, but season has not quite arrived yet so I haven't used them. I expect them to hold up well...and they look AWESOME!!

Cray Stephenson
10-20-2005, 05:14 PM
The ones I've seen look amazing!

brian breuer
10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
No doubt about the looks. I am just wondering how they look after rain, mud, handling.

At $300 to $350 a dozen I am hoping this a one time purchase.

Rick Hall
10-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Can't speak to durability, but GHG's is the best of the motion systems I've seen.

And I'd not have any high-dollar fullbody without individually slotted bags for them. Much quicker than individually bagging them before bagging a few togther. And easier/cheaper than repainting or replacing FBs that are just thrown together and allowed to rub. (Which you could get away with with the old Big Foots, I've heard not the new ones.)

Dave Tackes
10-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Brian

Used 36 of the "basic" models last year and pounded 'em. Bought 24 more w/ motion this year.

I have left them out for a couple days, but mostly haul them around in the AVERY bags, and have no trouble at all.

It is hard to buy GHG (from China) when I live within 1 hour of Fulton IL where BF are made, but BF needs to step it up with the flocking and motion.

brian breuer
10-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks Dave. I was thinking I would need the bags. Glad to hear they work. I think the pro grade with motion and bags will be the ticket.

Brian

Dave Tackes
10-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Brian

They truely are an unbelivable decoy.

I do not have any interest in AVERY, but these things are nuts. I put three out just dickin' around in my WOODED yard in Sept. which is adjacent to a golf course, and had geese landing in a postage stamp area of my property.

The bags work great, and if you look at Macks they have some specials on bags.

Good luck man, and pound 'em.