PDA

View Full Version : Adding extra 0 rings on BBs?

Aussie
10-23-2005, 07:31 PM
A friend uses bumper boys. He has started to add extra O rings at the end of the shafts, with good results.

Anyone else tried it? The bumpers apparently still last as long and the units seem to suffer no ill effects.

EDT
10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
What's the advantage?

Aussie
10-24-2005, 05:44 PM
What's the advantage?

Stronger throws.

Try it, and let me know how you get on.

EDT
10-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I guess I have never thought I needed a stronger throw. I use the Yellow blanks and am thinking of kicking it down to the green ones. What would be nice is if they made a way to make them shoot when it is really cold out. Maybe the 2 O-rings plan would work for that.

lablover
10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't see the advantage of 2 o-rings, and don't believe the bottom one would boost the shot further. I use green loads and get very nice throws, even in cold weather.
If you throws are not the length you want, clean the firing channel (where the load goes) with a .22 caliber wire cleaning brush, dipped in any nitro powder solvent. Allow to dry before use.

Aussie
10-25-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't see the advantage of 2 o-rings, and don't believe the bottom one would boost the shot further.

Oh well, the fellow thinks it works well. An easy experiment if you will. . I will give it a go on a particularly windy day.