PDA

View Full Version : HOTRC FALL HUNT TEST 10/29--30th

Karen Goff
10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
I wanted to post this and let everyone know that the nasty rumor that we are cancelling our hunt test due to not having enough water is completely FALSE! Don't know where it started but I am nipping it in the bud.

Why in the world would we go ahead and take everyone's money first and then cancel it! That would sure create a mess of work for us.

Master's and Seniors are split due to the number of entries so things will run smooth and timely. We are a small club, but work really hard to put on a great test for everyone. Good luck to all and thank you for entering the Heart of Texas Retriever Club Fall Hunt Test!

Sorry if this rumor has caused any confusion!

labinitup
10-27-2005, 12:55 AM
I agree Karen, that is a "nasty rumor"! I will be there Sat/Sun running my dog....and looking forward to it!!!

MikeBoley
10-27-2005, 08:14 AM
To the starter of the rumor( I know you wont have the balls to come out of the closet) may a 1000 fleas take refuge in your pubic region.

Come the Central Texas and have a good time. The entertainment will be watching Ed Fletcher handle Spanky. :lol: Ed dont forget to breath!!!

Angie B
10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
To the starter of the rumor( I know you wont have the balls to come out of the closet) may a 1000 fleas take refuge in your pubic region.

Come the Central Texas and have a good time. The entertainment will be watching Ed Fletcher handle Spanky. :lol: Ed dont forget to breath!!!

Now that's Funny! Poor Ed, he'll be fine. He just has to stay out of Spanky's way and let the dog do his thing.

Angie

edfletcher
10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey Mike,

If I sit in the gallery and let Spanky handle himself, can I still use the e-collar (on you of course)?

Just for that remark, you can pay for dinner Friday night.

Ed

SueLab
10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
This IS going to be a fun weekend! Only entered so that we could have a picnic and socialize.

I didn't hear the rumor...not sure how it would have any importance since the event was always up and running on EE...

Good for you Ed! Just remember to breathe, don't race with Spanky (you'll loose); and have fun!

If you guys need some help...let me know...

Nancy

MikeBoley
10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
If I have to pay looks like its the Golden Arches.

edfletcher
10-31-2005, 10:47 AM
A big thanks to the HOTRC for a terrific hunt test this past weekend. Eric and I really had a great time.

Thanks to Master A judges Bruce Bachert and Dave Christianson (who always put on challenging tests and judge them fairly) for cutting a lot of slack for this almost 70 year old "rookie". I'm sure the gallery had a big laugh when Lisa Trudell, Bob Neipert and I could not remember where the blind was in the second series and unfortunately that will get you a zero every time. CRS strikes again.

Also, a big thanks to all those helpful people who encouraged and coached me during the test. It was great fun and it makes me want to try it again.

Ed Fletcher

Lady Duck Hunter
10-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I wanted to say that an as observer this weekend only, I had a great time. The Heart of Texas folks worked very hard and stretched their membership as thin as possible but managed to make it all work smoothly. Master A actually seemed to have a relaxed atmosphere, or maybe it seem that way to me because I didn't have a dog running an wasn't responsible for anything.

And Ed, everybody has made a similar mistake at one time or the other, but it might take a while to live it down. :wink:

edfletcher
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks Vicki. I need to suffer with this a long time so that I won't ever do that again. And, you are exactly right, the atmosphere was very relaxed. I thought everyone (club members, handlers, etc.) were very friendly and having a good time. Thanks again HOTRC.

Ed Fletcher

EricW
10-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I had a great time even though I didn't get my stinkin' title (they need a pouting face). :D

Thanks for a pleasant weekend HOTRC

SamLab1
11-01-2005, 05:06 AM
ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm laying low, trying to hide out in my shame and you call me out on RTF. What kind of friend is that????

It was a first and I hope last. Sam did line that wrong tree I sent him to though. I'm still getting that orange tape for the judges so over 10% of the field wouldn't be dropped for picking the wrong tree again.

Good tests and we had a good time...most of the time. Nice job HOTRC and judges.

labinitup
11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
"Willie" and I had a blast in Junior's! Great HT..... Nice to meet ya Karen!!!