PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bars, steps, or running boards for side of pick up bed?

Rig
11-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Does anyone make these? Not for getting into the cab but some kind of handy, truck-mounted, booster for reaching into the side windows of the topper? Seems these dang truck beds get higher every year.

Rig

Vicky Trainor
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21412&id=0019961521303a&navCount=1&podId=0019961&parentId=cat20137&navAction=push&catalogCode=IF&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20137&hasJS=true

Tire Step
A must for every pickup, van or SUV owner, the Tire Step gives you a convenient, solid step up, letting you easily, safely access stowed items or perform maintenance on hard to reach areas. It's adjustable to three heights and three widths with the simple push of two spring buttons. Heavy-duty steel construction with a rugged non-skid step plate. It also folds for compact transport and storage. Fits tires with 22" diameter or greater.

I purchased one of these and love it. Being just 5' tall, access to the crate doors and other items stored on the side of the crates was just about impossible.....not any more!!!!

Vicky

Rig
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks, Vicky!

Looks like it might work as a topper dog-loader too.

(I wonder how often I will drive off with it on the tire. "Knowing me...")

Rig