PDA

View Full Version : SBEII or the Berretta Extrema ???

Terry Britton
12-05-2005, 03:50 PM
I am thinking about getting myself a Christmas present.

Which one would you go with and why? SBEII or the Berretta Extrema ???

The gun I get will need to go from light quail loads to heavy 3 1/2" magnums. I would also like something with lower recoil on a standard 2 3/4" magnums so my wife can use it for turkey hunting.

Golddogs
12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Personally I would not spend the extra $ on either. Shot about 25 geese this year and neer fely the need for 31/2" loads. Steel has become so fast and the new 'Hevis" have pretty much done away with the need of the big shells.

Unless most of your hunting for geese is 60 yard pass shooting, save the bucks and go for a M2 if it fits you.

Rick Hall
12-06-2005, 05:30 AM
They are both reliable but such very different handling guns that you're not apt to like the feel of both. SBE will be easier to carry, Extrema may be bit easier on the shoulder. (Haven't shot the Beretta and reduced recoil, second generation Benelli side by side.)

But Golddogs makes a good point. I shoot a lot of geese, and should something happen to my SBE, I'll probably go with a 3" M2 - or perhaps the less expensive Franchi with Benelli's inertia system. Lodge buys my shells, but I still very seldom shoot a 3 1/2".

P J Sullivan
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
i have a Berretta Extrema and its a nice gun. No problems with cycling shells or anything of that nature. If i were to do it all again, i think i would have just went with the SbE.

Jesse Higgins
12-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Terry is right. It is really a matter of fit and feel depending on the build of the person. Benelli for short to medium height, and Beretta for medium to tall. I'm 6'-2" tall, and I just can't get down on the Benelli.

If you're of medium height and build, just go with whichever feels best to you. They are both fine firearms.