PDA

View Full Version : Clothes hanger - Part II

FOM
12-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Okay I wanted to get a clothes rod that I can use in the back of my truck - anyone know what I'm talking about? I have no idea what they are really called and I can't find one....okay I'm dumb as a box of rocks.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

EDT
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Here's a couple I found for ya.

http://www.topoftheline.com/auto-clothes-hanger.html

This is probably what you are looking for though

http://www.spacesavers.com/adtrclrod.html

lablover
12-15-2005, 07:54 AM
You ought to be able to find a clothes hanger at any large auto parts store.

North Mountain
12-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Walmart, in the automotive section is where I got mine.

Laura

FOM
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
I checked my local Walmart and checked Checkers and Auto Zone - couldn't find one?!?! :? Thanks guys, I'll check again.

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

FOM
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Okay found a hanger for the back of my truck - now the next issue: Hang clothes up, drive around, clothes and hangers fall off - if you knew how I drove that would make perfect sense! :lol: :lol:

So I'm looking at the following products:

http://www.hotel-hangers.com/pictures/small/METANTIT.JPG

OR

http://www.hotel-hangers.com/pictures/small/bring-cu.jpg

with....

http://www.hotel-hangers.com/pictures/small/600n-cu.jpg

but....I do not want to order these in a lot of 100+ :shock: Anyone know where I can get say a dozen or so? Any help would be appreciated. I checked ebay, found one "vendor" and waiting a response cause his item description is not the best.

Oh yeah, they are called "anti-theft" hangers....

FOM

MooseGooser
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Lainee

If you knew of some good lookin woodworker type, He could probably figure out how to make the wood hangers, and then you could just buy the other necessary piece :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gooser

FOM
01-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Lainee

If you knew of some good lookin woodworker type, He could probably figure out how to make the wood hangers, and then you could just buy the other necessary piece :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gooser

Well I know of a guy that does wood workin' but I think his dogs are better lookin than him and they retrieve birds too! :wink: :lol: :lol:

I have to buy all the other parts in pieces in bulk, too....do not need that many hangers! I'm a girl and all but I only have so many handler's jackets! :)

FOM

MooseGooser
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Ya know, that dog faced boy does have some yankee ineginuity in him(cant spell though)
I bet he could slot the top part of the hanger, and then a GIRL!!!! could just buy some heavy duty Zip ties from her local Martha Stewart store, and just "zip those around the bar!

P.S. That dog faced boy does more retrievin than his half blind dogs do!! :shock: :shock:

Gooser

FOM
01-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Ya know, that dog faced boy does have some yankee ineginuity in him(cant spell though)
I bet he could slot the top part of the hanger, and then a GIRL!!!! could just buy some heavy duty Zip ties from her local Martha Stewart store, and just "zip those around the bar!

P.S. That dog faced boy does more retrievin than his half blind dogs do!! :shock: :shock:

Gooser

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much for 12??

FOM

Gunners Up
01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Lainee,

I think those are free with a one night stay at the Holiday Inn's! :shock:

Rich

MooseGooser
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
If ya didnt have to have them made from some exotic wood and would take my suggestion and make them from a good quality cabinet grade plywood-------

then taking into consideration my current work load( :roll: :roll: :roll: )
I bet 12 of them would run about the price of a donation of three USED but in good condition Black and White "Autographed" bumpers from the Field Trial Queen!!! :lol:

Gooser

MooseGooser
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Wholy CRAP Gunners UP!!!

My wife reads this board, and she's twice as tuff as me and You put together!!
ya wanna get us both Kilt??

Gooser

FowlDogs
01-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Lainee,

Feel free to send me a check for whatever amount you were willing to pay for the manufactured stuff. It will be my fee for sharing my idea with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a wire clothes hanger, bend up the tip to create a cup. Get a short, heavy-duty rubberband, and make your own hanger. Here's a picture.

This is just a quick sample I whipped up. The rubber band would be a shorter and sturdier one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/rogerm52/misc/IMG_0002.jpg

MooseGooser
01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Fowl dogs!!!

Great sugestion, However you missed the part in her post about understandin about HOW SHE DRIVES!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just ask any local pen reaised Duck if they want to get on the back of an ATV with her!! :lol:
With that rubber band, the Jacket would be slug shot to the moon in no time!!! :D

Gooser

FOM
01-17-2006, 05:53 PM
With that rubber band, the Jacket would be slug shot to the moon in no time!!! :D

You got that right!! Great I'll get my eye poked out trying to not back up into a parked vehicle at the next FT!! :lol: :lol:

But GREAT idea and I can use it until Mr. Woodchuck gets to chucking! :wink:

And as far as Rich goes, well cut him some slack he needs to be locating a new hat vendor cause they sure don't last......mine laste 4 hours before the bill started to come off :(

FOM

FowlDogs
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
With that rubber band, the Jacket would be slug shot to the moon in no time!!!

Talk about extending your long marks!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunners Up
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Moose,

What I meant to say was you could just liberate those hangers next time you stayed at a Holiday Inn :D

Lainee, watch your mail!

Rich

Joanne Wilbanks
01-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Great I'll get my eye poked out trying to not back up into a parked vehicle at the next FT!! :lol: :lol:

I witnessed and can vouch for that statement :wink: .

Sorry Lainee, but you brought it up :)