Can anybody recommend the best place to buy one? thx Flip

kljohnston
12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
www.goldenlakejackets.com

Janice Gunn
12-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have or recommend the EZ view jacket with black lines
on the body and arms?

Looks good but I've never seen any handlers wearing one.

FOM
12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Do the quilted ones really keep you warm?? I think my bird boy needs a nice new jacket.....

FOM

bill barstow
12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I bought one thinking it would provide better handling visibility unfortunately all my training partners felt it provided less visibility at 300 yards then the all white jacket or shirt

Short answer: I cut the black stripes off the jacket sleves and chest

jeff t.
12-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Do the quilted ones really keep you warm?? I think my bird boy needs a nice new jacket.....

FOM

Lainee,

If the focus is on warmth, I recommend this White/Black reversible down jacket. I've purchased a couple of them, and others who have seen mine, have purchased them as well.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.asp?wc=true&base_no=43636

They are very warm, and you can reverse them to black when working around the line.

FOM
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM

FOM

Lainee,

If the focus is on warmth, I recommend this White/Black reversible down jacket. I've purchased a couple of them, and others who have seen mine, have purchased them as well.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.asp?wc=true&base_no=43636

They are very warm, and you can reverse them to black when working around the line.

SWEET! Jeff you amaze me with your ability to find things on the internet! That's perfect - I'm going to order two, one for my favorite bird boy and one for me! Hell they are 40% off, too!

My poor bird boy works his butt off - I think he deserves a new jacket!

FOM

FOM
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Darn it can only get 1 in L :evil:

jeff t.
12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
SWEET! Jeff you amaze me with your ability to find things on the internet! That's perfect - I'm going to order two, one for my favorite bird boy and one for me! Hell they are 40% off, too!

FOM

Actually, I saw it first on RTF...Ms. Daisy posted it....I think in October.

ErinsEdge
12-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I got one for myself and one for my trainer for Christmas. They are unbelievably nice. The sizing runs smaller than I thought but I see they only have the really big sizes.

FOM
12-20-2005, 11:33 AM
I got one for myself and one for my trainer for Christmas. They are unbelievably nice. The sizing runs smaller than I thought but I see they only have the really big sizes.

Crap, if they do run a little on the small size....oh well, I got the last L...wished they had a XL, I don't mind mine being a little big.....

FOM

Janice Gunn
12-20-2005, 11:39 AM
I had one of the Helly Hansen down reversible jackets.
I ended up giving it away because I disappeared in it and kept getting mistaken for the Michelin Man cartoon character :oops:
It was just to bulky for me....but perhaps they have changed their design since as this was about 5-6 years ago.

I also posted the EZ view comment to the product review. So far,
doesn't sound like the way to go.

And YES, the quilited jackets do provide some warmth. Nothing like
down of course, but a nice Fall early winter jacket.

Roger Perry
12-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Does anyone have or recommend the EZ view jacket with black lines
on the body and arms?

Looks good but I've never seen any handlers wearing one.

only for referee's.

Howard N
12-20-2005, 12:48 PM
I was one of Bill's training partner's when he was wearing that EZ view handler's jacket. It greyed out at a distance and became HARD to see against a greyish background. We made him take a real white coat to the long station.

Look at the EZ View add in the Dec RFTN. It has a black and white pic of a guy holding his arm out. You can see that the stripes are already making the handler harder to see against that background.

crackerd
12-20-2005, 01:11 PM

FOM

Actually, I saw it first on RTF...Ms. Daisy posted it....I think in October.

Jeff, that's why there's only Size L left at Sierra--since Sondra threw it out there, every other trialer or would-be in the country's got one...or two or three. A dozen at least in two of the groups I train with.

As for John-Flip's original request, I happen to know he's got an in with Zilli Labratories and one of their lab coats would put him in fine fettle.

MG

FOM
12-20-2005, 01:46 PM
<snip>one of their lab coats would put him in fine fettle.

Be careful or John will get you for wearing a lab coat! :wink:

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20196&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=lab+coat&start=30

FOM

Jay Dufour
12-21-2005, 06:44 AM
I have the goldenlake quilted.Its too hot most of the time down here.I turned around and got thier lighter jacket and like it except for the zipper.It fell apart real fast.The zipper on the quilted sucks too.

bill barstow
12-23-2005, 10:29 PM
I have had my lite weight jackets for more than 6 months and can't complain about the zippers or stiching

I love the cuffs..almost don't need gloves

I wish it had better fabric protection but bleach is doing its job against grass stains and blood