PDA

View Full Version : North Florida Club

badbullgator
12-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok Fl guys. I might already know the answer to this but....I hear there is a new club in North (east?) Florida that will be holding their prelim AKC test in January. Someone recently told me they got a premium and that the event will actually be a senior/junior HT and a Q and open FT. What?s the story I have not gotten a premium (Humm.....) and would be interested in this event. I know there is a new HRC club in Jacksonville that is holding their first HRC HT in February, but when I went to their web site there was nothing about AKC. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about??

Matt McKenzie
12-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm the secretary and treasurer of the HRC club you are talking about, Northeast Florida HRC and yes, we are holding our prelim hunt the last weekend of February. If there is a new AKC club in the area, it has completely slipped under my radar as well as those of my fellow members. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

K G
12-25-2005, 07:59 PM
The AKC website shows the Mid-Florida GRC is having a hunting test on 2/4-5/06 in Monteverde, FL. That's all the AKC site has listed, HT or FT for Jan. or Feb.

http://www.akc.org/events/search/index.cfm?action=plan&event_number=2006445901

kg

Michelle Eason
12-25-2005, 09:05 PM
BBG The Jacksonville Retriever Club is a FT club that holds their FT in Williston, FL. They are the club hosting the HT prelim. They have a website but I can not find their address at the moment and I am not on my usual computer. I will send you the link tomorrow with all the info. Merry Christmas!

badbullgator
12-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Michelle
Thanks, that along with hooksets post clears that up. Send me the website if you can.
Thanks

Lady Hunter
12-26-2005, 05:58 AM
There's supposed to be a new AKC HT club in Southwest Georgia that will have it's preliminary hunt in Jan/Feb I understand. The club's name is Wiregrass HRC. PM me and I'll give you a name that is connected with the club.

Kristie Wilder
12-26-2005, 06:30 AM
WOW, so we're going to have TWO new hunt tests?? Jacksonville and Wiregrass? How cool is that???

-Kristie

Kristie Wilder
12-26-2005, 06:35 AM
This was off central florida HRC website:

January 22, 2006 - Jacksonville Retriever Club will host an AKC preliminary hunt at Lazy J ranch in Williston. Junior and Senior only. Cost is $25 and you will get a live flyer. It will be run just like a regular hunt only not for points. After JRC gets this AKC requirement out of the way, they will next hold a regular AKC hunt test. Send entries on any standard AKC entry form to Kathie Hornsby, 9725 SW 129th ST., Archer, FL 32618.

Wow, that's really great. Esp for you florida folk who have to drive forever to get to tests...

badbullgator
12-26-2005, 11:43 AM
January 22, 2006 - Jacksonville Retriever Club will host an AKC preliminary hunt at Lazy J ranch in Williston. Junior and Senior only. Cost is $25 and you will get a live flyer. It will be run just like a regular hunt only not for points. After JRC gets this AKC requirement out of the way, they will next hold a regular AKC hunt test. Send entries on any standard AKC entry form to Kathie Hornsby, 9725 SW 129th ST., Archer, FL 32618

Do a search for their web site. I found it last night and it SEEMS like they are having a Q and Am and Open club trial the same weekend. The way I read it there will be a "training day/HT" on Saturday where you can elect to run with a collar and make corrections as needed and then on Sunday it will be standard AKC rules. It is a bit confusing from what I have read but this is what I think is the plan.

Thomas D
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
According to the website:

Open and the Derby/Qual on Saturday. Collars permitted and it will be run as an advanced training session.

Junior and Senior on Sunday run as a normal AKC Sanctioned event.

Get HT/FT conditions and a flyer for $25.

http://jaxretclub.com/

Scott McGaw
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I believe Wiregrass held its first Sanctioned HT on or about December 10. If all went well, they hope to petition AKC to waive the second required Sanctioned Test, and to allow it to hold its first Licensed HT later in the Spring. I haven't heard how it went, but knowing the folks involved, I'll bet it went without a hitch.
Wiregrass will hold its events in the area near Tallahassee and Thomasville, GA.

Kristie Wilder
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I believe Wiregrass held its first Sanctioned HT on or about December 10. If all went well, they hope to petition AKC to waive the second required Sanctioned Test, and to allow it to hold its first Licensed HT later in the Spring. I haven't heard how it went, but knowing the folks involved, I'll bet it went without a hitch.
Wiregrass will hold its events in the area near Tallahassee and Thomasville, GA.

Who's doing it?

I know James B. always joked about starting the Coastal Retriever And Poodle Society (CRAPS)...

Whose grounds are they going to be using? Plenty to use down there! lol

-Kristie

Kristie Wilder
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM

Who's doing it?

I know James B. always joked about starting the Coastal Retriever And Poodle Society (CRAPS)...

Whose grounds are they going to be using? Plenty to use down there! lol

-Kristie

Keith Farmer
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Kristie,

I sent ya a PM

KF

Tom Hawley
12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
this is their annual club trial and meeting the meeting will be held at the Sovereign restaurant in downtown Gainesville. This is a dinner and meeting to elect officers. It is always a great time [trial and dinner].

junbe
12-29-2005, 05:32 AM
March 3-5, 2006 Snowbird field trial south Ga.

Phyllis McGinn
01-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Snowbird Retriever Club has been formed in northern Fla. They are holding an AKC Licensed Field Trial sometime in March. Mike Lardy is the Chairman.

You should try any of the following people for more info, as they helped form the club. Rick Roberts, Mike Lardy, Judy Rasmussen, Mitch and Margo Brown.