PDA

View Full Version : Bennelli m2 NOT impressed so for.

DEMO
01-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm having a problem with the gun. It's not reliably cycling a new shell from the mag to the chamber. After firing the first shell the bolt locks back like its empty.

It seems to act up after I carry the gun in the cold for miles and finally flush a late season roster after 20 0r 25 hen flushes. I'm carrying a $1100 single shot.

I've shot 1000 target loads through the gun with no problems. I'm shooting Federal 1 1/4 copper plated #4 1500 fps loads in the field.

Could the added speed cause the gun to malfunction?

Hammer2306
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
For what it is worth. I have the SBE2 and I have ocassional problems when I do not shoulder the gun solidly. Mostly happens on right to left high flying duck shots so far. A friend of mine had the same problem when shooting 3" heavy duck loads and not getting a solid shoulder.

Good luck.

Keith

Mike Peters-labguy23
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Has it been wet recently? Or have you oiled it recently? I had the same problem and turned out I had over oiled it, and the big spring in the stock was gummed up from getting wet. I was over 1000 rounds also.

DEMO
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
keith, I thought about that ,so I have been concentrating on getting a good gun mount. I don't think its that. Mike the bolt is lighty oiled and wiped dry. The gun has only been rained on once. then taken apart and cleaned.

I also was burned a couple times when the bolt wasn't all the way closed and the first shell did'nt fire. I think at some point in the hunt checked the chamber to see if i was loaded and it didn't close the bolt all the way. thanks for the post. Demo

Bob Agnor
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Demo, You got a lemon on your hands, give you a hundred bucks for it :D :D

Actually we use the M1's at work and they are exceptionally reliable.

DEMO
01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
ED, I will look into that. As far as hitting birds with the gun I found that I'm shooting alittle low. I'm dropping alot of legs on flushing birds. I think the gun shots flat. I put the fattest shim in. The gun smith said that should bring up the point of impact.

Bob, the gun is left handed.. you might not want it. I've missed 8 birds with this gun so I'm back to the browning over/under. I gotta play catch-up the last few days of the season.