PDA

View Full Version : Maximium Nutrition Dog food

chad fenton
01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Has anyone used this dog food. It is Wal- Mart Brand seems to be a pretty good food and a very good price. Also very easy to get. Don't need to drive al over or special order it.

mitchmcse
01-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I have used it with good results. Before I switched to it I had called them on it. I don't recall what the percentages were but it does have omega 6 and omega 4 for their skin and coats. I am wanting to say that the omega 6 was around 3.3-3.6 percent and the omega 3 is .45 percent. Also the lady I had on the phone did state that it is suppose to be comparable to Eukanuba PP. Not sure if that was a standard answer to get people to buy it or not.

Rick Hall
01-08-2006, 05:18 AM
My guys work daily or nearly so (depending on which dog) in season and do great on MN 30/20. Much better than on another highly recommended brand we got talked into trying. Fine endurance, healthy coats, tootsie-roll turds.

And, as you mentioned, convenient. Would have to drive two hours, round trip, for it's big brand twin, Purinia Pro Plan.

Shayne Hammond
01-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Same here Chad. I have been using MN for the last 3 years with great results.

Can't give a comparison to other foods since I have seen no reason to change thus far.

h4everything
01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
What was the exact name of the food. I am looking to switch from IAMS because my dogs aren't staying as full looking as I like. I was thinking about switching to Eukanuba but it is pretty expensive. Thanks for the advice.

mitchmcse
01-11-2006, 12:52 PM
The exact name is Maxximum Nutrition. I use the performance formula that is %30 protien and %20 fat. The first ingredients are chicken, chicken meal, corn gluten meal and animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols. It is sold at Walmar and I picked up a bag yesterday for $20.43 for a 40lb bag.

torg
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM
We used Maximum Nutrition for years with excellent results. OFA's came back excellent, dog's coats were shiny and sleek, full growth potential and females produced well, never losing a pup. We switched to Nutrisource which I think is a better food (no corn) but if it keeps going up in price we will be going back to Maximum Nutrtion.

hhlabradors
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I feed the 30/20 with good results as well. I used to feed the Lamb and Rice, and my dogs did terrific on it, then I got the info about taurine deficiency and DCM, so started looking for another dog food. After trying several that my dogs did not do well on, including Innova, I decided to go with this.

All of the dogs look great, lots of energy, and never any sign of stomach troubles or soft stools.

bobbyb
02-19-2006, 07:22 PM
hey eleanor,
what's taurine deficiency and dcm?
bobbyb

webfootkennel of IL
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
We have fed MAX Nutrition for several years, Performance & Puppy. We feed 2 cups AM & 2 Cups PM to all working dogs. Stools look just like Pro-plan, I think it is made in same town as Pro-Plan they wouldn't tell me it was the same plant.

I'm not sure I could ever get a dog fat on this, but they are all working dogs and get trained 2X day plus road work off 4 wheeler so they burn alot of calories.

We just got a pup 4 mos that was on Eukanuba puppy and he looks great, it might be that he is a Patton puppy, but he made the adjustment well to Max Nutrition. All our Clients dogs adjust well to the switch.

I really think for the price $22/40# makes it an affordable Premium

Targander
02-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I would not suggest feeding the Max. Performance to a dog/pup that is still growing. Have done that before and the result was "fallen pasterns" (front ankles). 2 vets said there is not enough "zinc" in the formula for the growth factor needed.

I have switched now to Pro Plan.

hhlabradors
02-25-2006, 10:47 PM
hey eleanor,
what's taurine deficiency and dcm?
bobbyb

Bobby,

Sorry for the slow reply. I often forget to read this part of the forum.

Here's a thread on it:

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26082&highlight=lamb+rice+diets+dilated+cardiomyopathy