PDA

View Full Version : california opening weekend news and results

kljohnston
02-04-2006, 01:02 AM
san diego trial, san jose trial....any news yet ??

JK Payne
02-04-2006, 07:44 PM
San Jose Trail Qual results.

1st Candlewood's Talk Around Town - Lu Ann Pleasant, Handler - Dawn Walker, Owner

2nd Day's End Fords Powerstroke - Bill Totten, Handler - SD Bechtet JR, Owner

3rd Wind River's Take a Chance on Me MH - John Payne Handler - John and Kerri Payne Owners

4th- Hidden Bay Primal Pick - Don Remien, Handler - Chris Willet Owner

RJ - Duncan's Dee-Light - Lu Ann Pleasant Handler - Jon Knapp Owner

There were 8 Jams I only know 2 of those

There and Back Again - John Payne Handler - John and Kerri Payne Owners

High Tech Takeover - Shaune Grose Handler - Don Remien Owner

They will start the 3rd series of the Derby in the AM - 14 dogs back for the 3rd.

kljohnston
02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
congrats to john & kerry!!

Howard N
02-04-2006, 11:24 PM
congrats to john & kerry!!
I was thinking the same thing. Good on you for the place and greenie.

North Mountain
02-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Way to go John & Kerri :D

kljohnston
02-05-2006, 12:54 AM
first trial back after months of rehab, creek robber is back. he won the amateur today at the san jose trial.
nfc chopper took 2nd.
as for the open, carbon and auggie (creek robber for those who dont know him as auggie) are in the last series tomorrow.
i guess its the start of another frank and ole year!
go fishermen!

JK Payne
02-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks, John is very happy. Hobbi's first Qual and Miss Chance worked with him. Only wish I could have been down there in CA with them instead of here in Montana.

That is wonderful news about Augie, what a way to start the year after such a tough one last year. Congrats to Frank and Chopper also.

dogcommand
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
What about other placements in the Am? How many dogs finished??They were dropping like flies in the first series.

Suzanne Burr
02-05-2006, 02:47 PM
I've never seen so many "no birds" in a trial--the flyer guns had a terrible time with that wind!
When I was in holding blind--the first time--one of the judges said, "We're killin' them, they're dropping like flies." He was neither grinning nor happy while he was saying it either. It was a beautiful test, tho.
Suzanne Burr

JK Payne
02-05-2006, 03:41 PM
More San Jose Results

Open Please forgive if I mispell the names.

1st - Ken Jackson with Auggie - What a way to start the Year!!!!! :D

2nd - Charles Tyson - FC - AFC Coda Blue Rider

3rd - Don Remein - FC - Espirit's Double Whammy - Carol Lilenfeld & Hilary R Brook Owners

4th - Bill Sargenti - Rivillo Spirt of Independance - Don't know who the owner is.

RJ - Frank Kashevarof - NFC - AFC Clubmead's Road Warrior - Chopper

Jams:

Joe Sabrana - Syamite Miss Sugar
Lu Anne Pleasant - World Famous Buddy
Bill Totton - Jazztime Hanging Chad

Derby Results

1st - Nightwind's Gay Lady - Tom Brannon Handler & Owner

2nd - There and Back Again - John Payne Handler & Owner

3rd - Hawkeye's Iceman - Dennis Hayre Handler & Owner

4th - KC's Hair Aparent - Linda Brown Handler & Owner

RJ - Brix High Octane - Bill Totten Handler - I am sorry did not get the name of the owner

Several Jams

Take care and have a grand day

Kerri

K92line
02-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for posting results. Congrats to all. A special big YAHOOOO for Dennis Hayre and Ice. Ice is a real baby at just 13 months old and his first Derby.

Way to go Dennis and Ice.

Nancy and Connie.

Lynn Moore
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Correction:
Auggie 1st, Chopper 2nd, Jim Gerhold third with Neon, and 4th Gary Algren with Alex.
LM

dogcommand
02-05-2006, 04:58 PM
How many finished the AM???

Lynn Moore
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
10 were back to the last series, but it was long uphill, tight and difficult, handles.
In the Open 11 back, Carbon RJ and only two JAMS, Auggie was the only dog to go out to the long bird on line, really the only dog to do it correctly. four dogs picked up.
Lynn

Lynn Moore
02-05-2006, 05:19 PM
The post above mine with the Open results was also incorrect, in the Open Chopper picked up in the third. It was Carbon with the RJ.

check171
02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Cograts to CREEK ROBBER what a way to come back ..

thanks for posting the Results

dogcommand
02-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Lyn Thanks for posting the results and corrections. Are you going to post the complete results on your (SJ) website? Janet

Kris Hunt
02-05-2006, 05:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN AND KERRI. 3 entries turned into 2 placements and a greenie. That makes 6 derby points now for Hobi I believe. A few more to go!!!

Good Luck at the next few trials. When does he derby out?

Kris

kljohnston
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
ok, now lets get it right...chopper went out on land blind and got 2nd in am....per ole jackson who won the am and open...auggie won a double header and yes....HE's BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!
now, for those of you that saw chopper at the national and were in aw of him, rightfully so because he is great. dont you think maybe auggie should get the credit due him also, he is GREAT.
no, the trials are not easier here, the great ones from here are just that.

Lynn Moore
02-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Sorry, results given to us were wrong last night and corrected today. From Don Shaw FT Chairman, Auggie does win double header. Chopper did an incredible job in the Am!
(My apologies, tired, after working for four days to help put the trial on)

JK Payne
02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I must apologize, I did make an error on the RJ in the open :oops:
It was Carbon, sorry. That is what I get for listening to my other half, and a bad cell phone connection. Again I apologize.

Either way, both Ken and Frank had a great weekend. Auggie, Carbon and Chopper are all great dogs, and I wish I could have been there to watch it all.
Congrats to both Ken & Frank :D

Thanks Kris, John is very happy. Hobbi has 2 more Derby's that he gets to play in. John was in tears, when I was talking with him. We are very blessed to have Hobbi and we are also blessed to havea great training group in CA and here in Montana. You are part of our success also.

Kerri