PDA

View Full Version : DBRC picnic trial cancelled

Charlie Lesser
02-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Due to the predicted snow storm scheduled to hit the mid-atlantic area on Saturday and Sunday, the DBRC picnic trial scheduled for Sunday, Feb 12, 2006 at the C and D Canal dog training area is cancelled. It is too dangerous to run dogs in snow. Of course, due to this cancellation, the snow will probably go out to sea. In that case, anyone is welcome to come to the C and D Canal and train on your own. Two more picnic trials are scheduled for March 5 and 12 at the C and D Canal. We hope the weather cooperates then and a good turnout is forthcoming. Sorry about the weather. If you know anyone who is planning on coming on Sunday and they do not regularly read RTF, give them a headsup.

rbr
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Charlie, see you in March.

Bert

chessieheaven!!@@##?
02-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Planning to come down on the 5th, did you all get hammered by the storm as predicted?? Hopefully it will melt away quickly! Thanks.

duckdawg
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
We have 18 inches on the ground 5 miles north of the canal.

Jim

chessieheaven!!@@##?
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
We have 18 inches on the ground 5 miles north of the canal.

Jim

OK you've got 2.5 weeks to melt that snow, that's about an inch a day - can you do it??? :D :D

duckdawg
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
GONNA TAKE ALOT OF DRINKING TO MELT THAT MUCH SNOW :lol: :lol:

chessieheaven!!@@##?
02-14-2006, 07:23 AM
GONNA TAKE ALOT OF DRINKING TO MELT THAT MUCH SNOW :lol: :lol:

Just drink light beer. Thanks :lol: :lol:

moscowitz
02-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Chessieheaven you tell him. I heard from a reliable source your lab is looking real good.

chessieheaven!!@@##?
02-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey Mike, I am trying to set up some training time for Monday. The pup is all over the place, one day great the next he reminds me he's 10 months old!! He is thru FF and seems like he'll be a nice dog but who knows. I am really hoping things work out for the picnic trial I think both dogs could really use it. I'll be in touch as we get closer to see what we can set up. Hope Murray and Larry are doing OK. John