PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some feedback on launchers.

Bruce MacPherson
03-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm in the market for a remote launcher. I usually train with a partner, sometimes by myself, usually two dogs sometimes 3. I don't use birds just bumpers and Dokens. Lets say budget is $1500. What might be my best choice and why. Thanks for your help.

Mac

3blackdogs
03-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Mac - go over to the product review forum, I'll bet you'll find the input you're looking for. Happy shopping.

Bruce MacPherson
03-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Mac - go over to the product review forum, I'll bet you'll find the input you're looking for. Happy shopping.

I just posted this over on the product review side. Probably should have been over there to begain with
Thanks

Bob Gutermuth
03-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I train with two Bumper Boys and a Sure Toss & Train Rite remote trigger. It is not a cheap way to train, but the ability to throw triples without any human help has been a real help to my training program. I like the ease of setting up the two BBs and knowing I won't have to rebird until after I run all of my dogs(including a repeat or 2 if needed. The other big advantage with the BBs is the sound feature to help a dog that gets lost & the ability to throw another bumper if that much help is needed. The other great things about the BBs? 1 they don't bring any dogs to the training session and 2 they don't gripe about sitting out in the cold or heat. The Sure Toss I mainly use to throw a bird, often a wipe out or bulldog as I put it close enough that I can just walk out to reset it. It throws a nice bird and the Train Rite enables me to fire a primer with each bird to add the attraction of the shot.