PDA

View Full Version : TT releases

badbullgator
03-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Anyone ever have this happen. We have been having issues with our TT Pro Releases. This morning I set up the wingers and did a test throw while I was standing next to the winger. Everything worked fine. We went back to the line, about 200 yards and nothing, no sound, no release. I walked toward the nearest winger and kept pressing the buttons, at about 50 yards it worked. The same with the other receivers, 50 yards was fine, 50+ nothing. Changed batteries in the transmitter (twice) and the receivers had just been charged 2 days ago with little use since. I later found out that if I held the transmitter above my head (I am 6?4? so it was about 8? in the air) it worked from the line, but I had to also aim the transmitter at the wingers. In this area there are a bunch, 8 that I can count, television and radio towers that are almost in a circle around the area. The closest is probably 2-3 miles away and most are 5-7 miles. I don?t know anything any radio signals or how transmitters transmit, but do you think it is possible that they could be interfering with the units? Any other ideas? I did not get to call TT today, but I am going to tomorrow morning.

Mark Chase
03-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Are the electronics on the wingers elevated off the ground? I found that if the are not attached high on the winger I had a problem with them receiving the signal from the transmitter. Once they were attached near the top of the winger everything worked fine.

badbullgator
03-15-2006, 10:54 AM
attached at the top. Never a problem before.

Howard N
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Mine have that problem when the temps start approaching 0 degrees F. In Florida, I can't imagine that's your problem.

badbullgator
03-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I talked to TT today and I think the problem is the towers. We tested it in another location and they worked at over 300 yards (didn't try and further). Unfortunately there is nothing that TT can do about the interference and this is one of our primary training grounds, :cry:

Brad B
03-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Try reprogramming it to one of the other numbers on your dial. It may enough of a freq. shift to get around the interference.