PDA

View Full Version : Dogra 1700 and 2200

Danny May
03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
I was wondering if any one has used either of the new Dogtra Collars. I am probably gettign ready to switch to Dogtra.
I have been using Sport Dog 2000 and it will not hold a charge for over a day or two when doing a lot of water work.

Charles C.
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd go with the 1700 if I were you. The only problem I've heard with Dogtra is that because of the rheostat dial with no pre-set clicks you never really knew what level you were at. TT calls it "dial-a-guess." The 1700 has the display now that shows you exactly what level you're at and goes a long way towards making that better. If I weren't so married to the classic levels of a TT, I'd buy one.

Markjens
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I've noticed a couple of times now in some of TT advertising they've mentioned the dial-a-guess collars....I'd have to question the negative approach.

The early Dogtra E-collars were designed with a free moving rheostat. Today's units have a rheostat that turns harder thus making it more difficult for it to move inadvertently. The advantage of the rheostat is a wide variety of stimulation levels and no jumps between levels. A selector dial can have significant jumps between levels. (one level may be a little hot and the next might not be enough. I use the 1700 with a LCD display and I love it. Also, I know the 1800nc has the selector intensity control (16 levels of momentary and constant)

jeff t.
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I'd go with the 1700 if I were you. The only problem I've heard with Dogtra is that because of the rheostat dial with no pre-set clicks you never really knew what level you were at. TT calls it "dial-a-guess." The 1700 has the display now that shows you exactly what level you're at and goes a long way towards making that better. If I weren't so married to the classic levels of a TT, I'd buy one.

I have a couple of TT collars and a Dogtra. I don't use the the Dogtra because the print on the rheostat is too small for me to read without reading glasses. I don't wear reading glasses while training.