PDA

View Full Version : BumperBoy vs. Etch Marc

sbasht
04-26-2006, 08:10 AM
I am looking to purchase a multiple bumper launcher. Wanted to get feedback on each on the BumperBoy and Etch Marc line of products. I train a few of my young dogs for HT/FT/Gundogs. What are the positives and negatives of each? Is there something better out there?

Hew
04-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I have a BB derby double and an uncle I train with has an Etchmarc 8 shooter. I like the Etchmarc. IMO, the only advantage that the BB has over the Etchmarc is that you can adjust the arc of the throw for each individual shot...i.e. one shot 45 degrees to left, second shot 30 degrees to right. Whereas the Etchmarc shoots them all the same (unless you buy the rotating table...which I have not seen in operation). Also, I really like the BB bumpers a lot better than the Etchmarc. As for reliability, practical operating distance of electronics, ease of use, etc. I would say Etchmarc has the edge hands down.

Kristie Wilder
04-26-2006, 08:38 AM
I am looking to purchase a multiple bumper launcher. Wanted to get feedback on each on the BumperBoy and Etch Marc line of products. I train a few of my young dogs for HT/FT/Gundogs. What are the positives and negatives of each? Is there something better out there?

Hey Steve!

Welcome to RTF! How's Bo? How are you?

If you go over to the "product review" forum you can browse on both products and find comments made by members...

-Kristie