View Full Version : Midwest Trial

Cindy Read
05-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Any news from the Open and Amat.

Thanks.

C. Read

AmiableLabs
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I just got home, and have full results, but you will have to wait until I get some things done, beginning with a shower! :wink:

In the meantime, Joe Harp won the Open with a Garland-owned Riparian dog. Charlie Hines won the Am with Cody.

JusticeDog
05-15-2006, 07:41 AM
I just got home, and have full results, but you will have to wait until I get some things done, beginning with a shower! :wink:

In the meantime, Joe Harp won the Open with a Garland-owned Riparian dog. Charlie Hines won the Am with Cody.

Come on, kev. Surely you're out of the shower by now....... :lol:

Robert S. Libberton
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Was the Dog that Joe won with named Ripiran Makin Tracks (Moose)?

AmiableLabs
05-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I just got home, and have full results, but you will have to wait until I get some things done, beginning with a shower!
Come on, kev. Surely you're out of the shower by now....... :lol:
Yeah. After the shower I went and sat down, had a glass of Scotch and passed out. Making lunches for the trial is a nightly thing. We stay and party at night, and then when everyone else goes to bed, we go make lunches. The result? Loss of sleep. :) But with my knee problems it is an easy way for me to contribute to putting on the event. And we always have a great time.

So where were you Susan?! :shock: :? Very nice Q this weekend. Water height in the stick pond is very good and allowed for nice tests.

Placements --

OPEN
1. Riparian Windfall, Garland (Harp)
2. FC-AFC Jaybar's Westshore Beau, Kamphuis
3. Woody Creek Poetic Justice, Anthony (Edwards)
4. Big Bucks Badger, Wright (Curtis)
RJ. CAFC Colt Forty-Five II, Gierman

AMATEUR
1. FC-AFC Windy City's Secret Signal, Hines
2. Nick of Time Wild Wind Dusty, Hines
3. FC-AFC Jaybar's Westshore Beau, Kamphuis
4. Sommit's Dakota Blackmale, Waco
RJ. Adam's Shooting Star, Hines
Too Many (9) Greenies to list

QUAL
1. Wetlabs Drakes Bay Trixie, Wilke & Vanderzanden
2. Field of Dreams Blaze of Sun, LaFave
3. Creek Robbin Augustus Mcrae, Stewart (Edwards)
4. Calumet's Carronade Commando, Gierman
RJ. Field of Dreams Water Explosion, LaFave & Hilgenberg (Curtis)

DERBY
1. Double Deuce, Stroh
2. Big River Dakotah IV, Gibson (Curtis)
3. Benouteche Miah, Ritter
4. Sureshot's Texas Hold'm, Baumer

AmiableLabs
05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Notes:

We did NOT use the Hines or Gierman properties. The judges did an EXCELLENT job making do with the poor water we have at the DesPlaines site.

It was rainy and cold all three days, and yet we had the fewest complaints we can remember.

I got stuck in the mud twice. Thank God for four-wheel drive getting me out!

The fourth-placed dog in the Open and the fourth-placed dog in the Am are full siblings, the latter being out of a repeat breeding (NFC/AFC "Eba" x FC/AFC "Ryan"). The former being a littermate to my "Belle."