PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota State Trial

Markjens
05-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Any news/updates would be appreciated. Especially on Saturday's Derby.

K G
05-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Some Q news is all I have.

8 dogs got carried to the last series of the Qualifying out of 37 entered. 3 were handled by Bo Taylor. 1 of them was mine. Although he was picked up on the last bird in the last series, it's the first time in his life he's made it to the last series, and as we all know, you can't place or finish if you're not in the last series!

This was a dog that was washed out by another pro over a year ago. Re-teaching, removing old gremlins, and restarting with baby steps are a tall task. Being slow to mature is another issue, but we've hung in there with him and are starting to see a turnaround.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to almost finish! :D !

Keith Griffith

Andy Carlson
05-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Congratulations on the almost finish! It sure is a good feeling when they are making progress.

Andy

Judy Chute
05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
dog that was washed out by another pro over a year ago. Re-teaching, removing old gremlins, and restarting with baby steps are a tall task. Being slow to mature is another issue, but we've hung in there with him and are starting to see a turnaround.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS...as good as a win for this lucky dog. That has not been given up on..and having the opportunity to gain his confidence back..and show what he obviously can do. Next time!!..he will get that last bird! ..glad you posted. :) ..very good news to read about a turnaround...

dogcommand
05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Keith...congratulations. Is that who I think it is? if so keep your fingers crossed, mine is running his first Q next weekend. Janet

Marty Bullington
05-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Way to go Keith. Great to hear that kind of story. Good luck!!!

Markjens
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Our first field trial place...my derby dog Hogan placed 2nd. After last weekends trial when he didn't get past the first series I was beginning to wonder.

Many thanks to Dan Sayles from Cimaroc Kennels who has been training and handling Hogan.

Kyle B
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear it Keith. Having seen Dude run, you can clearly see his potential . Good to hear he is getting his head straight.

Unfortunately, my phone rang at 10:30 on Friday morning with "Ah, yeah Kyle, had to pick up Yates in the first series (insert typical pro foder here)....next trial in three weeks."