PDA

View Full Version : Third Annual Virginia Retriever Benefit

David Barrow
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
:D Please come out and support the Third Annual Virginia Retriever Benefit. There will be Stakes from Preemie Puppies to Owner/Handler Amateur. This year we are Bringing out One of the Original VA Gundog Stake Participants to Judge the Open Gundog Stake. We will be holding our Benefit in Powhatan at 800 Halsboro Road, on JULY 2, 2006 and Starting at 8:30am. Last year 93 dogs, and handlers from four States participated in the fun, we will have Ribbons and Raffles and Lunch/Beverages will be provided (covered dish will be appreciated). Entry donations are $25.00, Please RSVP David Barrow by email- barrowsluvlabs@msn.com, or call (804)512-9254 for information.

JusticeDog
06-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Where does the money go to? Is there a premium?

crackerd
06-16-2006, 02:48 PM
After giving the goods on Susan's questions, how about: Is this event "super singles" again or an actual sanctioned or unsanctioned field trial this year with four stakes?

Thanks,

MG

David Barrow
06-18-2006, 04:37 PM
The money raised about $2,200 ( Mike Griffith/Treasurer can be contacted through our website) has not been distributed for anything as of yet, other than the State Corporation and Website Fees. We have held two events that were attended by Directors from the Department of Conservation and Recreation, and our efforts resulted in Training Grounds being Approved in Phase I of the Powhatan Park. Our main focus is to bring awareness of the need for permanant Training/Testing/ Trialing Grounds to the State. This year the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries will be attending and our efforts will be to get them(DGIF) on Board. We have came a long way in Two Years and have thru our Volunteered efforts aquired the use of Epps Island for Clubs to Rotate each October the use of , for events.
This will not be a Super Singles event, and there is no premium. If you are interested Please email me at barrowsluvlabs@msn.com and I will send you a copy of the Stake rules and a Map. If you have any other questions I may be contacted by Phone at (804)512-9254 :D

Thank you!
David Barrow