PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Guns Up HRC

Margo Ellis
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I want to take this moment to congratulate Guns UP Hrc for doing a wonderful job on their pre-liminary hunt on Saturday. I know their entries were low and hopefully the club will at least break even. We drove up for the day to run and support this new HRC club. The judges set up some great tests for each of the levels that were judged.

Troy finished his SHR on his little black dog SHR Topshelf's Wicked Winter Brew. What a happy camper he was.

Thank you Audie, Roxanna, and all the other members of Guns UP HRC. You have beautiful grounds and I believe you did a wonderful job on your first HRC hunt.

It sure would be nice to see some of the smaller clubs get together to host two hunts on the same weekend or back to back one week apart. I believe some of our southern HRC members would enjoy a trip north for some cooler weather and still be able to run and test their dogs through out the year.

See all that are coming to Lake Champlains hunt this next weekend, I beleive it might be one of the best so far.

Margo

Diane Brunelle
06-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Totally agree with Margo, it was a great test and we had a wonderful time. All the tests ran smoothly and there was plenty of help. It was so nice to see so many familiar faces there and a couple new, but special ones.
You guys did a wonderful job with your first test!

Steve Hamel
06-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Margo,

I'm sure that Guns up did a great job. Wish I could have been there. Work requirements are keeping me from alot of tests this season.

I was chatting with a few people at YWHRC 's test and it's just my opinion that HRC would do better if we spread out the tests a little more over the spring/summer/fall. All of our New England HRC tests are pretty compacted into late may to late July. Graduations/vacations and so on might be stopping alot of people from going to as many tests as they like.
Plus, you start running multiple dogs for both days and it gets costly fast.

September would be agreat month for a new england club to hold a HRC test.

Steve

Judy Chute
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
The judges set up some great tests for each of the levels that were judged

Great Finished Stakes ..both days!!