PDA

View Full Version : BRC events

junbe
06-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Here is a list of events scheduled for Blackhawk Ret. Club for the rest of the year.

July 8 A professional trainer will give a seminar and demo--bring dogs

July 15 AKC Hunting Test Judges Seminar Jerry Mann presenter

July 16 50th Anniversary Celebration--fun and games for all

August 25-27 AKC Member Field Trial

Sept 8-10 AKC Member Hunting Test

Oct 14 Boy Scout Jamboree Retriever Demonstration

Dec 9 AKC Judges Seminar (FT)

In addition to these we have scheduled monthly meetings.

Jack

FOM
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Jack,

Can you provide more info on the FT Judge's seminar - I think I'll have to add it to the Christmas wish list....

You can email me at: lkshinsato@earthlink.net or post it up here.

Thanks,

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

junbe
07-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Lainee

The plans for our Retriever Field Trial Seminar are not finalized yet, but I'll give you the information that I have. The site of the seminar will be in the La Crosse area, probably 10 miles north. Yesterday, I spoke with two prominent field trial people who have agreed to help put on this seminar. Both have judged national events and have been officers in the national clubs. One of the presenters has judged over 100 all-age stakes and one of his field champions had 234 all-age points. He was voted judge of the year by the PRTA.

The seminar will be around the new manual "Retriever Field Trial Judging: A Manual." The cost will probably be absorbed by the Blackhawk Retriever Club as a service. I will update you as the plans firm up.

Jack

AmiableLabs
07-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Jack,

At first I was going to call you a braggard. Then I remembered --

"It ain't braggin' if it is truth." :wink:

FOM
07-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Jack,

Thanks. I'm going to have to see if David will buy me an early christmas present....

FOM

junbe
07-09-2006, 06:32 AM
A big thanks to Rick Bauer and Woodduck Kennels for Conducting the FT/HT Seminar on Training. Also a big thanks for Chippewa Valley Retriever Club for organizing this event and for inviting the members of their club and the Blackhawk Retriever Club to attend free of charge. About 25 individuals showed up with their dogs. In the morning Rick demonstrated the yard work program that he goes through with some of the dogs he had in training. This included a very interesting question and answer period. Late in the morning, some of those in attendance ran their dogs on some in and out water drills that Rick had developed on his beautiful property. Rick and Sherrie then invited everybody for lunch at their home?this was a pot luck with CVRC providing the grilled brats and hot dogs. The afternoon was devoted to marking in the field and everybody got a chance to run their dog on three marks. About 4:30 pm the last dog ran. Those in attendance were advised they could take the ducks used in the seminar home for their own personal training.

Chippewa Valley Retriever Club announced that they were now approved by AKC as a licensed FT/HT club(retriever). They will be running their first AKC licensed field trial later this year. Blackhawk Retriever Club has allowed them to use their grounds for this event.

Jack