PDA

View Full Version : Top storage on dog boxes - how to question

FOM
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
How do you keep the latches from bending in and not latching over time?

This is a poor design flaw, but I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by this. Any creative ideas how to keep this from happening?

Also, anyone break a "lifter" for the lid - most aggrevating trying to find a replacement - and yes I went to the maker of the box and have NOT heard back from them. I was able to pull a website adress off the "mini shock" and contact them, just can't find anyone in town that carries them. ARGH!

FOM

Ricky Elston
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I had the shocks on my box go out before. Instead of waiting to get new ones from the mfg. I went to the local auto parts store and matched them up, just make sure the shock mounts are the same.

FOM
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I had the shocks on my box go out before. Instead of waiting to get new ones from the mfg. I went to the local auto parts store and matched them up, just make sure the shock mounts are the same.

Yeah I did that, no joy - the ones we have found at the local auto parts store are all too long and/or require why too much pressure to close. I have the exact part number from the distributor. They will happily sell me a "lot" of them! :? I'm doing the ebay thing now....

FOM

Mistyriver
06-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Sent you a PM