PDA

View Full Version : Spray Commander - or other spray collars

hotdogs
08-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Has anyone any experiences of using a Spray collar (Citronella) to stop a dog 'running in'/breaking in the shooting field. I really need to break my dog of the habit on our shoot as it is becoming self rewarding. (she only does it on live shoots, not training)

Being in the UK, electric collars are frowned on, so I have to try something else.

She is a BLF and will be 3 yrs old.

I'd be grateful for any comments.
Thx
Susie

BillJensWorkingLabs
08-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Susie,

I take it your trying to go with the gentler methods. Jen has used the spray commander with great results. Give her a call at KayBee's K9 tomorrow 989-893-1390. She will be there from 7:00am until 3:00 grooming. Make sure you tell her Bill said to call and make sure to tell her your from Retriever Training . Net

-Bill

Whoops I just noticed your from the UK. I'll make sure to have her send you a private message.

hotdogs
08-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks Bill, I would love to hear Jen's thoughts on the spray collar, maybe by PM if she has time, as I haven't heard anything positive about them. Others have said it is not aversive enough, but I am hoping it would just be a sudden enough shock/interruption in what she is doing (ie. running forward) that it would throw her off course before she got to the bird, which is my ultimate goal.

I'd love to hear if it has worked for anyone else.

Thanks
Susie