View Full Version : American Am

Dan Blevins
09-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Any news on the open or am???

Thanks

Dan

JusticeDog
09-02-2006, 08:05 AM
The open had a triple with two very tight right hand birds, one was the flyer. The results changed with the light. A little cloud cover at the time you ran made the birds more visible. The lines to the mark was through some heavy brushy cover with a littel water in front of it. If the dog took the wrong path, it would push them into a place they didn't want to be. Very well placed birds with good use of cover and terrain. Difficult test that was causing some handles. It was about 50% last night of dogs doing it by varying degrees. I doubt if they finished.

I didn't go over an see the amatuer test.

AmiableLabs
09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
No Derby; No Qual.

Open (82 entered)

1. Candlewood's Yaddadadda Do It, Brooks (Voight)
2. Topbrass Southern Breeze, Thompson (Voight) (Golden Male, titles, and qualifies for Nat)
3. A Blessed Event, Bogusky
4. Top Gun Skyy is the Limit, Haight (Steenburgen)
RJ. Red Cedar's Maxamillion, Hayes
J. Gimme Five More, DuBose (Voight)
J. Truckee of Firelake, Unbehaun
J. AFC Weezer Retreezer, Johnson

Amateur (56 entered)

1. Maplecreek's Western Cutthroat MH, Stracka
2. FC-AFC Windy City's Secret Signal, Hines
3. FC-AFC JJ's Desire to Go, Mitch Patterson
4. Topbrass Southern Breeze, Thompson
J. NFTCH Carronade's O'Rylee Factor, Koepke
J. Wine Glass Lucky Strike, Hines and Morrow
J. Crossbar's Raggedy Ann, Ahlers

(I don't know if I missed the RJ, or which of the above three was the RJ.)

We had great weather all three days, and some really nice tests. Special credit has to go to the Am judges who were saddled with having to use the water we usually give to the Q or the Derby.

Angie B
09-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks Kevin!

Sally Koepke left me a voice mail with the results and I went to post them and here you beat me to it!!

Sally was thrilled with her weekend........ :D

Angie

Suzanne Burr
09-03-2006, 06:05 PM
WOOWOO!! Another Golden FC? Fantastic! :D :D
Congratulations to Breeze, owner Lynne Thompson, and Judy Rasmunson and Ron Wallace breeders.
Suzanne B

AmiableLabs
09-03-2006, 06:17 PM
WOOWOO!! Another Golden FC? Fantastic! :D :D
I must say I have been impressed with the Goldens I have been seeing the last two weeks. Lots of drive, lots of style, lots of go. They are already tractable and intelligent. Very impressive.

stevelow
09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Congratulations to Topbrass Southern Breeze on his FC!!! Also to owner Lynne Thompson, and Judy Rasmunson and Ron Wallace, the breeders.

Two more Golden FCs in the past two weeks, WOW!!!

Goldenboy
09-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Congratulations to Topbrass Southern Breeze on his FC!!! Also to owner Lynne Thompson, and Judy Rasmunson and Ron Wallace, the breeders.

Two more Golden FCs in the past two weeks, WOW!!!

And congratulations to Mike, Dave and Ray at Handjem Kennels, the trainers.

HarryWilliams
09-03-2006, 09:12 PM
What's the full name of "Voight"? An obvious assumption is he's an assistant at Handjem but is it a relative of Dennis? Please tell me it isn't him. HPW

twistoffate
09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Correctly spelled Voigt, Ray. No relation to Dennis. Definitely a fine assistant at Handjem and has been around the grounds since a young boy.

AmiableLabs
09-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Correctly spelled Voigt, Ray.
My bad. :oops:

I was told he was a regular helper for (not assitant to) Andy Attar, but always dreamed of working for Mike. Now he reached his dream.

Very cool.

Brenda
09-04-2006, 06:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO LYNNE THOMSON AND HER NEW FC TOPBRASS SOUTHERN BREEZE!! KENNY AND I ARE SO THRILLED FOR YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THE NATIONALS IN ST.LOUIS!! BRENDA AND KENNY
________
Rebel (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Rambler_Rebel)

Emily Faith
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats to John Stracka with Cutter--That is a fairly young dog out of Trace (FC Hunting Hills Natchez Trace)! Way to Go!

JusticeDog
09-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Congrats to John Stracka with Cutter--That is a fairly young dog out of Trace (FC Hunting Hills Natchez Trace)! Way to Go!

The nice thing about this victory is that John waited Cutter out, and let him grow into himself. Sometimes a novel concept in field trials! :lol: :D

Congrats to John! Also to Lynne! and to Skye Haight & Seth!

sally koepke
09-09-2006, 08:37 AM
What a great weekend. I watched in the holding blind, as Breeze drilled the watermarks. Lynn was a mess.

Congrats to John Straka and Cutter, and Charlie Hines with Cody in the Amateur. She is truly on a roll.

Ray Voight for his first with Yadda. She was awesome all weekend. And Ray's second with Breeze.

Well heck congrats all who ran and placed. The trail was smooth, the weather was great and the bottle of champagne to celebrate with Lynn at dinner was a perfect finishing touch.

Heather McCormack
09-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Congrats to Charlie Hines and Jerry Morrow for Lucky's Jam!!!

"Breeder of Lucky"
Heather McCormack
McCormack's Labradors
www.mccormackslabradors.com