PDA

View Full Version : Michiana FT Results

check171
09-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Anyone ?

JusticeDog
09-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Open and am just finished the land blinds..... Q starts Saturday at noon. Sunday starts the derby.

check171
09-30-2006, 07:12 PM
21 dogs started th Q 16 return for the water blind

Creek Retrievers
10-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Any news?

ErinsEdge
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I heard Dave Ward won the open with Digger (Ranger's full brother) owned by Jerry Strong and he also QAA Ginny Addington's dog Figgy. Congrats to all-owners will be thrilled.

Creek Retrievers
10-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks Nancy. Congratulations to Dave, Jerry, and Digger. Digger is a nice black dog. Great to hear Figgy also became QAA.

check171
10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Derby

#4 Giermans
#1 Nice golden on the derby list
#6 Viki Worthington
#8 Crimson king
#12 Hana

ErinsEdge
10-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks Nancy. Congratulations to Dave, Jerry, and Digger. Digger is a nice black dog. Great to hear Figgy also became QAA.Penny will get there. She's a a talented dog, maybe a little naughty, but talented. Both Penny and Figgy made a fool of me Thursday taking them off the tie-outs. Labs don't do that stuff!

3blackdogs
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks Nancy. Congratulations to Dave, Jerry, and Digger. Digger is a nice black dog. Great to hear Figgy also became QAA.Penny will get there. She's a a talented dog, maybe a little naughty, but talented. Both Penny and Figgy made a fool of me Thursday taking them off the tie-outs. Labs don't do that stuff!

Dave had a great weekend. (And Nancy, he did tell me about Penny and Figgy being pretty naughty at training!)

I saw Figgy run the final water marks - triple with a dodgy long bird thrown first from a boat tucked into the marsh. It challenged the dogs to keep a pretty true line and resist being drawn towards what looked like safer ground - only to be sucked up in lots of swampy brush and muck deceptively before the shore, and across a couple of sticks pile peninsulas.

Any dog that considered cheating towards the 'shore' quickly discovered that the 'shore' was much tougher than perceived.

It was a neat natural piece of water. Dave's dog took a strong line and held it well.

JusticeDog's Niki got the RJ - (and she got her HRCH last weekend). Niki comes to the line with a lot of confidence but just seems so tractable as well - she just gets better at every outing that I've seen over the last few months. Very neat little bitch - confident, feisty but very biddable too.

And glad to hear that Brad LaFave did so well at the Am as well.

This was our first trip to the Michiana trial (heck, everything this year has been our 'first trip'). The club members worked hard to put on a very nice and well run event, in spite of the weather gods not cooperating on Saturday. It's a pretty and secluded area of Indiana, southeast of Chicago.

Creek Retrievers
10-01-2006, 10:58 PM
ErinsEdge wrote:
Penny will get there. She's a a talented dog, maybe a little naughty, but talented. Both Penny and Figgy made a fool of me Thursday taking them off the tie-outs. Labs don't do that stuff!

Nancy,

Penny only does that when she likes someone! Penny is a typical golden bitch, independent and will take advantage of new handlers.

JusticeDog
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
JusticeDog's Niki got the RJ - (and she got her HRCH last weekend). Niki comes to the line with a lot of confidence but just seems so tractable as well - she just gets better at every outing that I've seen over the last few months. Very neat little bitch - confident, feisty but very biddable too.

She's just grateful I'm running her again. Ruff Love works again!

Lydia forgot to mention that their Babe took 4th in the Q. Jeff is getting better and better at that handling stuff. He's been there consistently at the end, and only started running FTs this year.

Brad LaFave took 2nd in the Am with his Jazz, making her QAA'd! what a way to do it!

ErinsEdge
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Penny only does that when she likes someone!

Oh, is that what it is! Both of those Goldens had a "plan" the second they got off the tie out stakes and they got me scrambling. Congrats To Susan and Jeff and Lydia too.

fwow
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Congrats also to Lydia R. and her golden Shag, who placed 3rd in the Q! Hard work and persistence pays off!! Way to go, Lydia and Shag!!! :D

Chuck N
10-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Can anyone break down the final results? Please.

check171
10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Derby

#4 Maple Creeks Calumets Coyote / Sharon Gierman
#1 RV ATR's Gangstaman** /Earl Dillow
#6 Dominators Little Rebel/Vicki Worthington
#7 NTK's Sporster /Deb Stukey
#8 Carbon Copys Ditch Witch/Jeremie Slone :D
#9 D.B. Cooper III /Terry Boothwell
#12 Fords High Octane Hana /Dave Nurkiewics

Qual

16 JACKS HOT JAVA /JACK HANSON