PDA

View Full Version : Ouachita Open & Amateur

Franco
10-07-2006, 05:46 AM
23 Open dogs called back to the land blind for Saturday morning out of 50 starters. Ryan Brasseaux and Mark Smith each have 7.

Folks that have never seen the Lebeau Trail Grounds are completely awestruck! One of the Am judges from St Louis said that the grounds are far superior to Weldon Springs, home of this year's National.

Am starts today.

As the Trial Marshall, I have heard ZERO complaints! Solid test, great bird throwers and gunners. I'm sold on using a winger for throwing the flyer!

Franco
10-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Eight dogs back in the Open for a monster water-quad Sunday. Ryan and Mark each have two.

17 dogs back in the Am for the waterblind.

Franco
10-08-2006, 04:24 PM
A big congrats to Mark Smith and owner Jimmy Illes with Hidden Bay Sweet Sophie on the Open win! That makes two this year and with the qualification for the National, she is also now FC. Keep it up. 8)

Nice to see the seniors still active as a team, the both of them, Sam Milton and Ford. Ford got the Open second and won the Amateur! :wink:

Open
3rd Booty Raider/Mark Smith
4th Ruf's Sea Angus/Ryan Brasseaux
RJ TC"s Harry Potter/Gerard Rozas

How 'bout those grounds, G Man?

Amateur

1 Ford/ Sam Milton
2 Jolie/Francis L Jolly
3 Quick/Joe Broyles
4 Jackson/John Caire
RJ Wizard/G Rozas

Thanks to all the help with the trial! 8)

Ricky Elston
10-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Congrats to Jimmy and FC "Sophie"!!!!

Gerard Rozas
10-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I guess that is what you would call a "Kiss Your Sister Double Header"

Howard N
10-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Look at the bright side Gman. You finished both all age stakes and made the judges have to think. He was consistant too.

You and Wiz will be in the colors.

Kyle B
10-08-2006, 11:30 PM

How about "Kissing your Twin Sisters"?

Franco
10-09-2006, 07:30 AM

Well G, since it was in Lebeau, would that be like French kissing your sister"? :wink:

Mark Sehon
10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
A HUGE CONGRATS to Jimmy Iles. Good friend and training partner. Once Jimmy went black, he ain't looking back!!!! :D. Off to the Nationals. Mark Smith has done a wonderfull job with Sophie.

Gerard Rozas
10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Booty,

Grounds really showed potential. If they looked this good after a few months - wait about 2-3 years from now.

I loved the Cypress Pond that we ran the last series of the Open in.
It is my new "FAVORITE" peice of water that I have ever run a dog on.
Not too big - Not too small - Great visibility all the way around - Lots of technical stuff but still very natural looking.

Franco
10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Grounds really showed potential. If they looked this good after a few months - wait about 2-3 years from now.

I agree and don't forget, all of the water on the property is not in yet.

Cypress Pond is a pretty piece of water. I understand that the Acadiana Club is going to run their Open on the Lebeau Trail grounds this coming weekend. Now, if we can get Laarree to get all 4 of those Kawasaki 4x4 Mules running for this weekend :wink:

Big thanks from the Cajun Riviera Field Trail Club to the Acadiana Club in helping out with the labor and equipment this past weeknd.

David Maronge
10-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Congrats to Jimmy Iles/Sophie/Mark Smith on their Open win/FC!Also,congrats to Sam/Ford and all the other placements!

Lynn Moore
10-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Way to Go Franco! Third is awesome!!! Sorry Gerard, I don't care what anyone says, fifth place hurts! Finishing both stakes is grand however. Wish we could make the distance to see what you all are talking about. Sounds good!
Lynn

bobbyb
10-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I just hope that po-ole-jimmy's legs can hold up that swell head he's gonna have :P congrats there whistle-britches :D

Mark Sehon
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I left out Mr. Booty :cry: . Raider is moving on up! Congrats to you and Raider. Looks like Smith had a good weekend!

Trey
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Congratulations Jimmy "whistle-britches" Isles and Mark Smith.

Tim West
10-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Congrats Franco and Gerard!

That's playing hard, Dudes!

Keep it up!