PDA

View Full Version : Acadiana Moving Their Trial ???

Franco
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone know if Acadiana is going to move their full-trial the weekend of Feb 9-11 to the spillway?

I rather see them move the location rather than cancelling it. Trial was originally schedule for the Lebeau Trial Grounds in Whiteville, La. Too much rain around here and more on the way. I can't blame the owner for not wanting his new place all rutted-up.

The spillway would be a great alternative!

Ricky Elston
01-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I just got off the phone with Rick Mock and he didn't mention anything about it. I guess I'll try to find out tomorrow, I'm judging and need to show up at the right place ;)

Franco
01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, I'm hearing conflicting stories. I'll just assume it will be at the Lebeau Trial grounds until I hear otherwise.

Strongline Retrievers
01-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Right now they are pumping water out to try to help dry things out, but it is still very sloppy, even the lightest sprinkle is making things bad out there. Real bad in the back, and along the south end on the road that is by the trailers going to the blue pond.

Franco
01-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Right now they are pumping water out to try to help dry things out, but it is still very sloppy, even the lightest sprinkle is making things bad out there. Real bad in the back, and along the south end on the road that is by the trailers going to the blue pond.

Great, I hope they get the place dried out. I know we have more rain in the forecast. Maybe with that 3 million gallons an hour pump, they can get the job done. I would much rather run in Lebeau than the spillway, it is a heck of a lot closer.

rboudet
01-31-2007, 12:16 PM
The spillway will work out just fine for me. :lol: But I would like to see those grounds in Lebeau.
The spillway is starting to fill with water from the river. Not enough to cause any problems yet, and I think the river is starting to fall. Makes for some nice flowing water! I threw some of the dogs a curve ball in Acadiana Qual. An 80-100 yard blind gave the judges plenty of answers.

Or in my case a first series cold blind in cold water at 8am :shock: I wouldn't have wanted to get in that water either.

Shayne Mehringer
01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
The spillway will work out just fine for me. :lol: But I would like to see those grounds in Lebeau.
The spillway is starting to fill with water from the river. Not enough to cause any problems yet, and I think the river is starting to fall. Makes for some nice flowing water! I threw some of the dogs a curve ball in Acadiana Qual. An 80-100 yard blind gave the judges plenty of answers.

Or in my case a first series cold blind in cold water at 8am :shock: I wouldn't have wanted to get in that water either.

I talked to the club last night. It will be at Lebeau.

That Acadiana Q water blind was a tricky little thing... i can't believe i got called back! haha (only to break on the water marks).

SM

Franco
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
But I would like to see those grounds in Lebeau.

They are awesome! Many thanks to Laarree for investing the money they did in that place, just for retriever work. Not too many 640 acre private land tracks devoted to trials.

Don't be surprised to see a National or National Am on this wonderful property in the future!

rboudet
01-31-2007, 03:56 PM
i can't believe i got called back! haha (only to break on the water marks).

I watched 6 or 7 "try" to do the water marks I think 2 did it right. Lanse Brown's BLF Sophie did a great job on those marks.

Franco
01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
I watched 6 or 7 "try" to do the water marks I think 2 did it right. Lanse Brown's BLF Sophie did a great job on those marks.

Which one is Sophie, Condelezza Bites or Rosa Barks?

rboudet
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I think it is Candlewoods She So FIne.

Shayne Mehringer
01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
i can't believe i got called back! haha (only to break on the water marks).

Oh i just know we were gonna smack em, to bad he broke. I still say that was a controlled break... he only got 30 or so yards before i stopped him! HAHAHA

SM

Angie B
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I think it is Candlewoods She So FIne.

That be her..... :wink:

Angie