PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Boy Super Birds

Clark Mason
03-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi All,
These things look pretty interesting to me since real birds seem to be fairly hard to come by.

Anyone out there have any comments?

lablover
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
They are OK.
They shoot further than the BB bumpers because of smaller size.
Some say they are "too quick" during flight, and had for the dog to see. But if you adjust the launcher to shoot high, and tie some white ribbon around the neck of the birds, they are quite visable.

Show these to your dog in your back yard before going to the field!

John Lash
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree that they are O.K., bought some years ago. Then, they gave you little bungee type bands to secure bird wings to the birds. They don't work too good at all. I've used ty-raps and parachute cord with better results.

They're good to set up in the fall, and use them through the winter, before the flies are bad. In the summer they are a pain, because you have to change the wings so often, from the flies and the warm temperatures.

I don't think it's good to use them without wings, 'cause I'd say to a dog they are like a bumper or worse a decoy.

You can also attach wings to the normal BB bumper and have the same effect. When I ordered the superbirds I thought they had a better way to attach the wings. As I said that was years ago and maybe they are different now.

John