PDA

View Full Version : dog box fans

tex530
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a fibergalss cap on the back of my truck with the dog boxes built into the truck. The boxes are up againist the cab I have not been happy with the amount of airflow even with two 12volt fans going I was entertaining the idea of putting some kind of exhaust fan in the roof of the cap to try and get some more air flow going I checked out some fans made by some companies that make toppers and trailers How much to those fans hang down into the dog boxes Has anybody attempted anything like this

moduckin
04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
You can buy a 700 watt power inverter for under $100, then buy any house hold fan at wal-mart and it will move a lot of air. Plus you can watch tv or run other items when you get bored. Get a deep cycle marine battery and save wear and tear on you vehicle battery. Good luck

sportsman
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I was looking at this...
http://www.12voltfan.com/

Thomas D
04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't have one, but have seen several in action. They put out a lot of air.
For the price, I think they're a good deal. Watch your battery though.

badbullgator
04-19-2007, 09:19 PM
You can buy a 700 watt power inverter for under $100, then buy any house hold fan at wal-mart and it will move a lot of air. Plus you can watch tv or run other items when you get bored. Get a deep cycle marine battery and save wear and tear on you vehicle battery. Good luck

That is what I am doing now. Works great. I have a box fan behind the crates and two clip on fans that are at the front of the crates.

sportsman
04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
How long will a deep cycle battery last before it needs to be charged? Lett's assume 2 fans and a few hours a day every day.