PDA

View Full Version : Check Cords

flywaylabs
03-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Ya I have three thumbs when it comes to check cords, never have got the hang of them.
Either they are so fine they burn and knot or they are braided nylon that is hard to get a hold of when you need too.

Found this site: http://www.whoadog.com/

Thoughts?

Carol Cassity
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Good stuff and good people.

I have an orange tab and an orange slip lead.

Carol

lablover
03-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Wear leather gloves; it prevents rope burns.

CrossCreek
03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Wear leather gloves; it prevents rope burns.

I cut the tips off of the gloves.

caglatz
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Might I suggest the Mendota Hi Vis Cord - I've tried a bunch and this one seems to work the best for me. It doesn't get tangled up very easily. I bought two (50') and cut one down to 2 - 25' lengths, keeping one at 50', which make them a bit more manageable. Tied on a snap with a bowline knot and I'm good to go. I use it bare handed and it doesn't abraid my hand like some others. If you really sensitive to it, then put on some work gloves.

huntingrdr
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Those Whoadogs cords look nice!

DKR
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Poly rope at the hardware store 100' is only a few bucks.

Kristie Wilder
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM
That looks really nice. Looks like it's made out of the same thing as the livestrong and other bracelets that were a fad not too long ago... And you can have it branded for free. Did you see that?

I hate check cords... I hate the knots, if they get wet, when they get dirty, etc. etc. I would definately buy one of these if I felt I'd use it a lot. Price seems almost like it's less or comparable to cotton web lines. I just use polyrope, but I have to replace them every few yrs. I like the idea behind the material it's made of.

-K

flywaylabs
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I did purchased the Whoa Dog slip lead and tag.
I did want to see the material before I purchsed a long line. I do like the feel of it, it is narrow, 1/2 inch and easy to stuff in a pocket. It has grip without burn, a rubber like feel, very flexible. Got the orange, very bright 8) If I was going to purchase again I would buy the long line and cut it to make custom sizes as needed, cheaper that way.

Got a cool lab window decal too...... but is sends a mixed message, I never thought of a lab being a "whoa" dog...... and yes that word is spelled WHOA

David Klotz
04-27-2007, 07:35 AM
The Whoa Dog cords do look nice, but I cheaped out and bought a nice "traditional style" check cord from www.lcsupply.com this week: on sale for $9.95.

Kristie Wilder
07-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I got a training tab and the product is SUPER. Looks deceiving... Looks like the stuff the livestrong et. al. bracelets are made of, but inside it has a tough nylon (I think) core.

I can't imagine a long line in this material would last forever. My husband came in looked at it, and said "yeah, I bet I could tear it with my hands" and I laughed and handed it to him... Needless to say he was unsuccessful. Didn't realize it had another material inside. :)

May cost a little more, but won't get wet, stinky, dirty and looks like it will last forever -- plus be very easy to find when you drop it...

And you can brand it with your personal information or whatever.

-Kristie

flywaylabs
07-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Glad to find another convert !!! I have used all types of leads but this one beats them all. I love my tab, it slips into a pocket easily. And my full of herself yearling can't pull it out of my hand, I use one loose wrap and it doesn't tighten or burn at all.

Kris

riverdog
07-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Try to buy one but won't take PPal from Canada :(

riverdog
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
We worked it out and it's on the way to Canada. :D

flywaylabs
07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Just gave the slip lead to the HT judges for gifts, hope they like them as much as I do !

Jay Dufour
07-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Just tried mine....nice on land .....BUT.....it SINKS on water......cant use it.